TelenovelesLV

Объявление

Failu hostings
Raksti/intervijas latviešu valodā, galerijas, video un pārējās sadaļas pieejamas fanu kluba biedriem!!!!
Tulkotie materiāli latviešu valodā ir fanu klubs īpašums!

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » TelenovelesLV » Nedēļas citāts » 33. nedēļas 2007 citāts ir...

33. nedēļas 2007 citāts ir...

Сообщений 1 страница 12 из 12

Dialogi ilgai lasīšanai... Safran fani novērtēs...

the first 1, Sarita goes to see their new neighbours.

*riding with a horse, talking with Olegario*
O: They don't waist their time, they already started the fence.
S"I wonder why they didn't ask our permission.
O:Are you going to complain?
S:What you think, of course. Maybe they put it in our part.
O: Of course they could.
S: *to the worker* Listen, who asked you to put the fence?
W: Our patrones senorita.
S: Listen, I am from Elizondo family who are your neighbours, I want to ask you to stop doing that.
W: Sorry but we listen only to our patrones.
S: Rosales?
W: Who Rosales? No our patrones not that.
S:I know Rosales bought it, and I wanna speak to your patrones
W: If you wanna talk to, here's them.
*Sarita asks to wait for Olegario and goes to Reyes part*
S: Hey, are you the new owner?
*Franco facing back, smiles when hears Sara's voice, turns to her*
F: Yes, I am the new owner.
*Sarita's left in shock*

2nd one.
*After Olegario tells Sarita that Reyes not even build the fence back but also few metres into Elizondo property, Sarita goes alone to clear things out*
*She's on the horse, looking around, Franco comes*
F: I see you come here more and more often. What, neighbours interest you? You really like to come here don't you? *smirking*
S: *shaking her head* You can't deny you are la drones, stealing other's property
F: And you are vandals, destroying other's work. Why the hell you did that?
S: Because I wanted and I will do that again.
F: You won't do that when we don't know, because we will be waiting and won't let this happen.
S: You are the big headed people . Don't dare to deny that
F: If you will do that I won't be responsible for my actions because I will fight for what's mine.
S: *laughs sarcastically* don't make me laugh Franco Reyes, better say you got everything through lies, you are nothing but a la dron.
F: Listen, I don't care what says such a woman like you. Mucho menos ugly like you Sara Elizondo.
S: Imbesil!!! *tries to hit him, then falls off the horse, Franco takes her to the hacenda, Quintina asks if he ran over her with car LOL, he says they had a fight and Sara fell off the horse accidently*
*when Sarita wakes up and sees Quintina in front of her*
Q: Senorita, do you hear me?
*Sarita fully opens her eyes*
Q: Thank God, she woke up
S: What happened?
Q: Seems you fallen off the horse and hit your head.
S: *looks around* Where am I???
Q:La hacienda Trueba.
*cuts to the Franco talking on the phone with doctor*
F: Are you sure the doctor is coming?? There's an unconcious person. I just want to know if doctor won't take long
*cuts back to Quintina and Sarita*
S: How...Why am I here??
Q: Calm down and rest senorita, lay down. *tries to take Sarita's hand but she pulls away*
S: Whose is this room??
Q: Don Franco.
S: How...WHAT... *realizes she's in robe* What is this??? Where are my clothes??
Q: We undressed you that you'd feel comfortable. *runs out of room and meets Franco*
F: *relieved* Oh. You woke up.
*Sarita runs and tries hit him he holds her* Sarita, calm down!! Why you always want to hit me??
S: Dumbass, what did you do to me!!!
F: What are you talking about??
S: I wake up in your room, in your bed, almost naked, what should I think??? You used me!!!
F: What are you talking about??? Did you lost your mind from the bump or what?
*S attacks him again*
S: YOU USED ME.
F: No one used you!!!
*Quintina comes*
Q: Senorita, you are mistaken, no one did what you are saying.
F: You wish Sarita. I should be insane to use such an ugly unthankful woman like you.
S: *attacks him again (I start to think she took some boxing, karate lessons maybe..) DESGRACIADO (sp?)
Q: *tries to hold her*
*Eva comes*
E: Senorita Sara, I can assure you no one was disrespectful to you. Me and Quintina were with you, Franco didn't even go to the room.
S: Give me my clothes.
E: The doctor is coming
S: Give my clothes back *grabs them from Eva* I knew you wouldn't go away so easily. You teamed up with them and you'll try to hurt us again.
E: I stayed with them, but not to hurt you
S: *to Franco* Never ever come near me, I will never forgive you for this.
*goes to the room to get dressed*
F: Quintina, help that dumbass if she'll let you.
E: *after Quintina leaves* I think you are in big trouble now.

the 3rd:
*Sarita looks at her scretch on her face into mirror, remember how Franco held her when he tried to stop her from hitting him, then how Franco said he would be crazy to use such ugly and unthankful woman like her*
S: *throws her hat on the ground aggriaviated and swears on Franco* It hurted more than any bump.
*Sarita is laying in bed and Jimena comes*
J: Let me look *looks at the scretch*
S: It's nothing Jimena.
J: It seems so weird to me, how did you fall off the horse, you are such a good rider.
S: It could happen to anyone
J: Sarita, stop, don't lie to me, I don;t believe you. You met Reyes didn;t you?
S:Yeah, yeah, I had an arguing with Franco. He thinks he's so famous now, can do anything he wants
J: Don't you think you're bit overreacting?
S:No, no, because it's their fault Jimena. They put the fence into our territory, but I won't give up so easily.
J: Ok...Calm down...Can't we sort this out legally?
S: No, no, it's not necessary. I will take care my own that Franco, he's the one who provocates us, he things he has rights because he married that rich old woman. He uses women and then leaves them
J: Sarita...please...calm down...
S: Am I not right Jimena? Firstly he tried with you, then with that singer from the bar then that crazy old woman. From those 3 horrible brothers Franco is the worst.
*Jimena goes to leave the room*
S: Jimena...
J: Yeah..?
S: Tell me the truth, you think I am ugly and without pity woman?
J: *laughs* why do you ask me?
S: Tell me!
J: No, of course not.*Jimena leaves*
S: *to herself* I don't think so either. *goes to take clothes Jimena bought her. Then takes off with armed workers to the fence. Later on Franco comes.
F: *to Olegario* Olegario, are you never going to stop playing this game?
O: Until you learn to respect our patrones.
F: Order your staff to stop this or I won't be resposible for my actions
O: I don't listen to your orders Franco Reyes. Only senorita's Sara's.
F: And where's that witch?
O: That witch is here *Olegario shows, and Sarita comes*
S: Olegario, leave me alone with him
O: Let me stay with you senorita.
S: Don't worry, I know how to speak with people like him
F: *wakes up from checking out Sarita and jumps off the horse to come nearer* Do you and your workers don't have anything better to do, Sara?
S: It's my problem, Franco. We'll do that as many times as we'll need. You have to ask our permission to build it.
F: I do what I want in my territory. You aren't better than us, actually I think we are much better than you.
S: Don't talk nonsenses. Don't even compare yourself with us. Our family has traditions. You are all just pretenders.
F:We have the same rights.
S: *comes nearer* What hurts me the most and I will never forgive you that I have been in your stupid house, asqueriosa cama,
F: You think I really wanted that? It was my obligation, you fainted and I couldn't leave you. Thank me that I didn't leave you to die.
S: I prefer to die, it would have been million times better.
F: Next time I will know.
S: There will be no next time. I'm not that stupid, that I would keep fainting and let people like you use that. I will never in my life come back to that place.
*goes to order workers to continue their work*
F: *after finishes checking out Sarita's butt what it seems, comes to workers, and asks to stop that, they surround him with guns*
S: *looking to Franco* so who will get into trouble now, Franco Reyes?
*Franco walks off and Sarita keeps looking at him until he disappears*

-----------------------------------------

Oscar: Something strange will happen now...
F: Why are you saying that?
O: Look who's came.
F: *Franco sees Sarita, keeps starring and drooling and goes to her, but Belinda thinks he's all smiling for her and takes him to dance, he still can't get his eyes off Sarita*
*Later on Oscar and Franco sitting*
O: Seems Sarita Elizondo transformed. You still think she's ugly and wearing "Horse savage"?
F: She put beautiful clothes and now looks pretty, but I can't trust her, why would she come to the fiesta dedicated to us?
*Belinda comes*
O: And here's your girlfriend Franco...
B: Could we dance more Franquito?
*Franco's in deep thoughts, looking at Sarita*
O: Well...Go...
*Franco goes to dance with Belinda but still keeps starring at Sarita who is all the time starring back at him*
*Mr. Rosales congrats Reyes as their new neighbours and Franco thanks him*
S: *stands up* why don't we drink for senora Eduvina Trueba, let's drink for who you should thank for everything
Dinora: You should be ashamed Sarita.
F:*Oscar wants to go to Sarita but Franco stops him* Leave it. The truth really hurts Sarita Elizondo. You don't like us, you are mad because my brother Oscar is married your sister Jimena and my brother Juan is your sister's Norma's child's father. But most of all it hurts you, even you look pretty now, still you are ugly, stupid and smell like a horse. *Sarita pours drink onto Franco and runs out of the party, Franco follows her with his car, she has an accident and Franco takes her unconcious to his room again. She wakes up and sees Franco's smiling face in front of her, she jumps aback*
S: What the hell is that...
F: You see how much you've mistaken. You said you will never come back to this house, this room, this asqueriosa cama. *he stands up* Oh Sara, Sara, I had all the freedom to use you if I even wanted that.
*Franco runs out of the room followed by all the boxes, vases flying to his side*
S: DUMBASS!!!
F: What are you doing!!! *followed by Sarita's screams he takes her out of the room*
S: Let me go you ugly rat. *Eva and Quintina runs and takes Sarita*
E: You'll calm down or I won't let you.
Q: Senorita, calm down, the nerves can hurt you.
S: What do you want Franco Reyes???
F: And I could ask you the same, why did you tell all these things in front of all people. Don't you understand we aren;t the same people as we used to be before??
S: *grabs him* You'll regret everything you have done to me Franco Reyes. You will cry blood.
F: Go and tell your mamasita whatever you want. But we'll see who will cry more.
S: I hate you!!!
F: Not more than I do!!! * to Sarita running away* And next time don't expect I will help you, such an ugly woman like you!

*Sarita in the car*
S:Infeliz. Mil beses infeliz. You will pay for this, I swear you will pay or my name is not Sara Elizondo.

--------------------
F: Hey, aren't you going get out and join us?
S: Don't even dream to have such pleasure, we just came here to take my sister and Juan David.
F: *to Don Martin* I'm glad to see you Don Martin. Respect.
DM: Respect? You don't even know what that word means
F: Well I'm glad you are alive and healthy
DM: I never was illl, I'm strong. Looks like you're having fun here.
F:We have a lot of drinks, food, music, only I can't offer women, but sometimes one comes here pretty often *looks at Sarita*
So are you coming out? It's Juan David's celebration
DM: It'll be only good for me if I will have fun for few moments
S: No grandfather. Please don't start acting silly.
DM: Sarita, I just need to drink little bit.
*Franco calls workers to help DM out of the car while Sarita is far from satisfied*

*after getting out of the car*
F: Destiny is strange, it made us close again, not like neighbours or family members, but like godfathers to our godson.
S: Why don't you leave me alone, don't you understand I hate you, don't talk to me
F: I hate you too, I can't stand you. Today you look pretty and don't stink like a horse.
*Sarita smells Franco and smiles sarcastically*
S:But you stink like devil from hell and you have devil's face.
F: Look, I am not acting with you nicely because you deserved that but because you came into Juan David's baptism *Sarita goes off pissed*

When Sara gets hit by Fernando:

Sarita/Ferdie/Franco/Juan
Olegario comes to the house and informs Sarita that Ferdie is causing trouble again, out by the border fence. Sarita rides off in a rush to deal with the problem.

meanwhile, out at the fence, a pair of Reyes ranch hands have pretty much parked themselves right next to it and, while they are ostensibly making a few stabs at working, they aren't really trying to disguise that they're way more interested in what is going on over on the Elizondo side, where Ferdie, oblivious to his audience, is yelling at a guy in a sleeveless checked shirt ("Can't you understand?? Get out of here!! You're FIRED!!"). A couple of other Elizondo ranch hands stand around, apparently waiting to see how this is going to play out before taking sides. Juan and Franco come galloping up toward the workers on their side of the fence.

Franco: What the hell is going on with those guys?
Juan: It looks like they've got problems...
Random Reyes Ranch Hand: They're arguing over there...
Fr <pulling his horse to a stop>: The angriest one looks like Fernando Escandón, doesn't it?
J <in a snarl, glaring toward Ferdie, his dislike and frustration communicating itself via his restless horse>: Every time I hear that guy, every time i see him, I see red when I think that Norma really wants to get back together with him..
F: Don't let it get to you Juan. If it were really true, Sarita would have told me. <we hear galloping hooves as we cut to a brief shot of Sarita riding toward the group of men on the Elizodo side of the fence, calling out Ferdie's name.>
J: Speaking of Sarita -- here she comes! <Franco turns to look as Sarita arrives at her destination and pulls her horse up. Ferdie is still bawling the guy out>
Ferdie <to the ranch hand he's been yelling at>: Stay home with your little wifey or whatever, but don't come here anymore, please!!
Sarita <dismounting and approaching the men. Franco watches warily>: ¡¡Fernando!! Why do you keep attacking Alberto??
Fe: It's this goon who's looking for trouble! <without taking his eyes off Sarita, Franco dismounts and approaches the fence. seeing him, Juan also dismounts and approaches with Franco. Ferdie and Sarita are so intent on their argument, they don't notice their audience.> I've warned him a thousand times that he's fired, but Olegario insists on keeping him at the hacienda!
S: And so he should, because I haven't authorized the firing of anyone, Fernando!!
Fe: But Gabriela has, and you can't deny it! I'm fed up with you you and Olegario try to walk all over me!
S: I feel the same way about you! And even if you have the support of my mother, I am not going to permit you to do whatever you want, Fernando!
Fe <angrily approaching Sarita>: Well, we'll see about that, because not only am I going to fire this goon, but Olegario as well, because he's asking for it!!
S <getting in his face as they start to circle each other>: First, let's see... first fire me! Go ahead -- I dare you!! Fire me, Fernando!!
Fe: I've had it up to here with your arrogance, Sarita. <Juan and Franco continue to watch intently. Ferdie achieves a sneer and continues, after a contemptous glance up and down Sarita's body.> You are an haughty, detestable woman. <after a moment's stormy silence, Sarita hauls off and slugs Ferdie across the face, hard. Franco, a troubled look on his face, glances briefly at Juan (whose expression we don't see) before looking back at the fracas. meanwhile, Ferdie, after recovering from the force of the blow, grabs the lapels of Sarita's jacket and pulls her roughly toward him, making her gasp.>
Fe: Don't do that again, Sarita! You respect me, you understand? Respect me!! <he tosses her roughly backward to the ground.> You can't insult me in front of the employees!! I'm not some stupid yokel, and I'm going to prove it!! <Juan and Franco continue to watch, looking more and more appalled as, still ranting, Ferdie quickly unbuckles and removes his belt, clearly preparing to beat Sarita with it. of the Elizondo ranch hands, only Alberto makes as if to intervene and protect Sarita, but he is hesitant, clearly uncertain. this proves to be the last straw for Franco, who suddenly leaps over the fence, and runs toward Ferdie.>
J: Franco! FRANCO! Where do you think you're going? <Ferdie is so intent upon venting his frustrations on Sarita that he is taken completely by surprise when Franco punches him in the face, knocking him to the ground so hard his hat flies off.>
Fr: YOU DIRTY RAT!!
S <quickly running between the two men as Franco stands ready to give Ferdie another punch>: Franco, please, don't get involved in this!
Fr <enraged>: I'm not going to permit you to disrespect her, and even LESS right in front of me!! <Ferdie struggles to his feet and deliberately shoves Sarita aside so roughly she falls to the ground again. he lunges for Franco and punches him in the face. Franco blocks his follow-up punch and gets one of his own in that again knocks Ferdie to the ground. he quickly strides over to Ferdie, who is struggling to stand up, and, taking him by the back of his jacket, throws Ferdie back onto the ground again. he throws himself down on top of Ferdie and the two men wrestle around. Franco is making a very good account of himself in spite of the fact that Ferdie is the larger man. but finally Ferdie manages to get on top of Franco, at which point Juan decides to join the fray. leaping over the fence, he grabs Ferdie by his jacket and hauls him off of Franco before belting him in the face and causing him to fall to the ground again. Juan is all set to follow-up his punch, but Franco pulls him back.>
Fr: Juan! JUAN!! (i can't make out exactly what Franco says here, but the gist of it is that he's telling Juan to stop so they don't give Ferdie cause to say they fight dirty)
S: Please, enough! Please -- no more!! You guys don't have any right to set foot on our lands!!
Fr <talking to Sarita, but glaring at Ferdie, who is being helped to his feet by some of the Elizondo ranch hands>: To defend you, I am capable of going into Hell itself!! No-one disrespects you!! (translator's note: in this sentence Franco uses the informal address, 'tú,' with Sarita, instead of the usual 'usted.')
Fe <gasping for breath>: This is going to cost you very dearly -- especially you, Juan Reyes! <he angrily shrugs off the supporting hands of the ranch hands and, turning and picking his hat up from the ground and placing it back on his head, staggers over toward his horse. Franco makes as if to follow him, but Sarita detains him by grabbing him by the wrist and pulling him back.>
S: Franco, Franco! FRANCO!! Go back. Go back to your lands, please. <Ferdie goes to mount his horse as Franco, also very out of breath, almost reluctantly turns back to Sarita.>
Fr <raising a finger to emphasize his point>: Look <pant, pant>, he is not to lay ONE FINGER on you again, or I swear I will not be answerable [for what I'll do]! <Sarita stares at him, stunned, as Juan, muttering (it sounded like "Mr Pride..." but i could be wrong), puts an arm around Franco and walks him back toward the fence. Ferdie gallops away toward the Elizondo hacienda in a cloud of dust and with more haste than form. Sarita continues to stare after Juan and Franco, who both turn to look back at her as they continue to head for the fence. although Juan only looks back once, Franco can't seem to take his eyes off her, and there is a slightly stunned (as if he's not sure what just happened there), yet decidedly feisty look on his face, as if he's totally ready to jump right back to her defense at the barest hint of trouble. as she looks back at him, Sarita's face softens into a stunned smile.>

When Sara gets back to hacienda:
Gabi doesn't deal with anything
the familia Elizondo plus Ferdie are gathered in the living room at the hacienda. Gabi is in full-on Firm Parent mode, striding around the room as she lectures her mostly unwilling audience (Ferdie being the exception to the rule, since he's clearly hoping that THIS time he's finally got the proof necessary to make Norma believe he's the better man):

Gabi: There is your proof of what the Reyes brothers are capable of! They are a bunch of ruffians! Savages who solve everything with their fists! That fortune they stole for themselves hasn't done anything for them -- They're still the SAME delinquents as always!
Martín <fed up>: Alright, Gabriela, enough -- stop it with the big noise! You sound like a wet parrot! It's not as if they'd committed some big crime!
G <indignant>: You think this is nothing?? They not only dared to come onto OUR property, they basely attacked Fernando!
Ferdie: They wanted to kill me, and they jumped me without giving me time to defend myself!
Sarita <firmly, looking at Ferdie>: They did it because you pushed me. <stunned, Martín wrenches himself around to look at her in deisblief (she's standing behind his chair).>
M: What??
S: ...And that outraged them. <as one, Jimena and Norma stand up, Jimena staring in stunned shock at Sarita and Norma glaring in outraged disbelief at Ferdie.>
Norma <so incensed she's having trouble getting her words out>: You dared to-- to hurt my sister?? <even Gabi is staring at Ferdie in shock -- it's clear Ferdie left this part out of the story he told her (alas, Gabi's indignation will soon be revealed to be entirely misdirected...)>
Fe <defensively, pointing at Sarita like a 5-year-old accusing his brother>: She hit me first, and insulted me in front of the employees!
M <self-righteously>: The abusers aren't those boys but THIS guy <stabs one of his hands vaguely in Ferdie's general direction>, who dared to hit my granddaughter! I'm happy they thrashed you -- If I'd been there myself, I'd've helped them!
G <stammering as she frantically tries to find a valid argument for the indefensible>: If- If Fernando did that, he didn't do it to be mean... <she finds her reason> IT was because Sara provoked him!
Jimena <indignant sarcasm>: Oh, great! In other words, we can't say ANYTHING to Fernando, because he is at liberty to hit us whenever he wants to!
G <sternly, now she's angry>: Sara had no right to disrespect him!!
S <struggling to contain her disappointed and indignant tears>: I know that very well, Mamá. I am tired of hearing it from you all the time! I lost all rights in this house ever since you named this "gentleman" as administrator! What's more, I shouldn't be working here! I shouldn't live in this house! Why don't-- <she's only barely hanging on the the last few shreds of her self-control> Why don't you kick me out once and for all, Mamá?? <Sarita runs off, lest they all see her break down. Gabi appears completely unmoved. calling her name, Norma goes to run after Sarita, but stops herself briefly to address a final word to Gabi before she leaves the room as well.>
Norma <completely outraged>: I mean, things CANNOT continue this way, Mamá! <now addressing herself to Ferdie, unconsciously echoing Franco's attidue and words> If you touch my sister again, I will not be answerable, Fernando! <Norma dashes off after Sarita, leaving Ferdie looking defensively thoughtful, and Gabi trying to appear as if she is above such vulgar behaviour. and now it's Jimena's turn to glare in disappointed outrage at her mother for a long moment. then she turns Martín's wheelchair around and wheels him, making a disgusted snort, from the room. Gabi turns to glare haughtily at Ferdie, who by withholding part of the story turned her triumph into a humiliating defeat. unable to meet her glare, he hangs his head in shame, aware of his error.>

The Leandro fiesta ones:

Franco apparently sees that Sarita is alone, wandering sortof aimlessly through the crowd, and strides purposefully toward her, an almost mischevious half-smile on his face. when he is but a step away, she sees him and goes to turn away and wander back into the crowd, but stops and turns back with an air of mild annoyance when he starts speaking to her.

Franco: What happened? You've been left all alone? Weren't you well accompanied only a little while ago...?
Sarita: That is something that doesn't concern you... And go away! It's bad enough I have to put up with seeing you on the range -- I don't need to see you here as well!
Fr <conversationally>: Well, I feel the same, but what are we going to do about it? One is always running into the least desireable people, isn't one...?
S <coolly, after a brief pause>: If that's so, why are you speaking to me? You should ignore me, just as I do you.
Fr: (i didn't catch exactly what he said at the beginning, but this is my best guess) I hate to call you a liar, Sara... Do you think I haven't noticed that you haven't taken your eyes off me since you arrived...?
S <as IF! achieves a small laugh and shakes her head>: Well, it's not for pleasure, you know...?
Fr <shaking his head along with her, humoring her; enjoying himself>: No?
S: No! It's because I find you detestable! And though you may put on the airs of the grand gentleman <achieves a slight sneer>, you're still just the poor peon that I met as a laborer at my house...!
Fr <in a serious tone>: On the other hand, to me you look very pretty -- so that you see the way things are. <Sarita is pleased and modestly looks away. he's looking at her very seriously, and the tone of his voice is sincere, direct, true> Dressed as you are, you look gorgeous. <Sarita's smiling now, almost blushing. she's really pleased. she still can't quite look at him. he smiles down at her.> And every time you smile, you look like a fragile, delicate flower.
S <smiling up at him, in a soft tone, really pleased with the compliments but almost afraid to believe him>: Truly?
Fr <still smiling at her>: Of course. Of course! Nothing to do with that brusque woman who hobnobs with the ranch hands. <she smiles broadly and hugs herself in quiet satisfaction. he continues, more seriously now, no longer smiling> You know, any one of the men here would fall at your feet. <more pleased smiles from Sarita.> While I, on the other hand, because I know you and I know what you're like... <her smile starts to falter a little bit as if she's suddenly feeling wary of what is to follow.> ...to me, you continue to be an insipid, disagreeable woman who still smells like horses! <he almost smirks a little as her face slowly falls.> Excuse me... <pleased with himself, he walks away, leaving her standing there with a "Sarita, you idiot!" look on her face. she momentarily closes her eyes and shakes her head.>
S <ruefully, to herself>: Big jerk!

Óscar and Jimena have made a date to hook up in Leandro's office after the party is over, and each has informed Franco and Sarita respectively that they will now have to go home by themselves (while Óscar hints at his plans to Franco, Jimena doesn't give an annoyed Sarita any clue what she's planning to get up to)... Sarita doesn't want to be at the party anymore anyway, and goes to tell Leandro that she's heading off home alone. Leandro is appalled, saying she can't go alone and besides, the party's winding down -- Sarita should wait a little while so someone can go with her. Sarita points out that Jimena is still fresh as a daisy and having a good time, while she's tired and wants to go home and go to bed. Leandro flatly tells Sarita that, tired or not, it is better for her to wait an hour at the party so she can have company on the ride home rather than make the long trip back to the hacienda by herself. as he's saying this, Sarita is notices over Leandro's shoulder that Franco is approaching.

Sarita <with a dismayed look, almost petulant in her desperation to get away now>: No. I don't care, Leandro! I would prefer to risk myself [driving home alone] a thousand times to having to put up with disagreeable persons.
Franco <studiously casual, as if he hasn't got a pretty fair idea who Sarita has in mind with her "disagreeable persons" comment>: What's going on?
Leandro <distractedly half-turning to Franco to acknowledge him and include him in the conversation, in an aggrieved tone>: I'm trying to convince Sarita not to leave but she is more stubborn than a mule and insists on leaving without Jimena! <Sarita sighs impatiently and rolls her eyes in exasperation, then glares at Franco.>
Fr <parentally>: Well, I don't think it's prudent to be on the streets at this hour -- it's very dangerous!
S <still glaring at Franco>: It's more dangerous for me to stay here among base persons! <her sweeping head-to-toe look makes it clear who she considers to be one of those "base persons." then she glances over at Leandro, her look softening from a glare to one of firm determination.> I'm leaving... I'm leaving, Leandro. <Leandro continues to glare stubbornlly at her>
Fr <in a polite tone, but clearly enjoying the situation>: At least permit me to accompany you to your car...
S <glaring again>: Thank you for your offer, sir, but it's not necessary. I am accustomed to taking care of myself by myself, you hear me?
L <a little exasperated>: Sara, please! Let's not be so hostile toward Franco, who's only trying to be friendly toward you! <as he's standing a little to one side and just behind Leandro, Leandro can't see the gleeful, almost smug, arch look on Franco's face. Franco knows perfectly well why Sarita's so hostile toward him and also that Sarita is hardly likely to explain it to Leandro, and he's looking forward to watching her squirm as she tries to get out of Leandro forcing her to accept Franco's escort.>
S <with a sigh>: I don't place any confidence in the friendliness of this gentleman! <glares at Franco as Eva approaches behind her.>
Eva: Franco, are you going to leave?
Fr <not taking his eyes off Sarita>: No, I'm only going to accompany Sarita outside. I'll be right back, Eva... <he steps around Leandro and, reaching over to Sarita, grasps her by one wrist and pulls her away behind him toward the door before she --or anyone else-- can raise an objection.>

they stop right outside the door and are clearly arguing with each other, though we don't hear what is said because we are watching from the POV of Armie's Goons That Couldn't Shoot Straight, sitting in a car parked within sight of the entrace to the fashion center. after a minute or two of heated discussion, Franco, who still has Sarita by one wrist, starts to haul her away from the door and the Goons' car, heading up the hill. we can tell she is objecting the whole time.

then we cut to a new shot, looking downhill on a residential street lined with parked cars from the party.
Sarita <angrily>: Let me go -- let me go!! <at first we only hear her voice. then she sweeps into view around the corner, striding quickly uphill, Franco trailing behind her.> I've already had more than enough of your beastly company, Franco!!
Franco: Where is your car?
S <distractedly, still annoyed>: I don't know... further ahead.
Fr <concerned>: Look, it's really not a good idea for you to be going around alone at this hour! Wait for Eva to come out and we'll follow you along to the hacienda, Sara!
S: I don't need an escort, Franco, and especially not if it's a reprobate like you!
Fr <reaching out to stop her by pulling her around to face him>: Hey, enough with the pride already! We take the same route home!
S <firmly>: I don't let fear rule me, and what's more, I'm used to driving alone. <she turns and starts back up the hill again, angrily fidgeting with her shawl as she strides quickly along.> I don't understand why you're so worried about what might happen to me...! <Franco watches her in frustration for a moment, then hurries to catch up to her. he again reaches out to stop her by grasping one of her wrists and pulling her around to face him, only this time he doesn't release his hold on her arm. she looks at him like, "What NOW??">
Fr <with a strange, confused, but almost tender look on his face as he sweeps his hat off with his free hand and uncaringly tosses it to the ground>: It could be that you DO matter to me... <he steps toward her, pulling her into a tight embrace and, after a brief, motionless pause as if each is trying to assimilate this new situation, starts kissing her. at first she resists, unsuccessfully trying to push him away with her free hand (the other apparently now being behind her, its wrist still locked in his grip). but when he persists, she stops fighting him and starts to return his kisses, moving her free down toward his waist. feeling her surrender, he moves his free hand, which had been firmly gripping her shoulder close to him, up to instead hold her head and neck caressingly. after a few moments, however, she stops kissing him, and so he stops kissing her, though he continues to hold her close.
S <breathlessly, her eyes still closed>: Why did you do that?
Fr <also out of breath, slowly starting to focus on her face>: I don't know... <Sarita starts to back away, out of his arms, her steps a little jerky; he lets her go. he has a bewildered, uncertain, almost exhausted expression on his face. when she's a step or two away, we see that she, too, looks a bit wrung out, as if the intensity of the emotions that they shared but don't yet understand or acknowledge has nevertheless drained them both.>
S: If you don't know why [you did it], respect me, stupid!! <she hauls off and slaps him, hard, across the face, then turns and hurries over to the driver's side of her SUV, which is the next car up from where they were standing. Franco looks after her, stunned, a hand to his stinging cheek.>
Fr <hurt, shouts after her>: I must have had more to drink than I should have -- don't even THINK that I [kissed you] in my right mind!! <she pauses for a moment by the door to glare at him in a hurt way, then, with a tiny shake of her head and looking more hurt by the second, almost as if she would cry if only she were completely alone, Sarita gets into her car and slams the door shut. but she doesn't start the engine. she just sits there, gripping the steering wheel tightly, staring through the windshield at Franco, hurt, frustrated, and mad at herself. Franco stares back at her for a moment or two more, also looking hurt and frustrated, and a bit confused, then he turns, and, stooping to pick his hat up from the ground, starts to head back to the party. but he doesn't get very far...>

Sarita is crouched next to Franco, rather awkwardly using one of the GTCSS' boot knives in her left hand to cut the cord securing the bag over Franco's head while she holds the rifle, still pointed toward the GTCSS, in the other. the GTCSS are standing facing a nearby wall, legs apart, hands braced against the wall in the sort of pose cops make people take prior to being frisked. they keep looking at her over their shoulders, however, hoping to find a moment when she is distracted and/or off-balance enough they can Pounce. having cut the cord, Sarita stands and, the rifle still trained on the GTCSS, awkwardly pulls the bag off Franco's head with her other hand (still holding the knife!), then crouches back down next to him again. they exchange a long, mute look, before she reaches over and, after fumbling a moment to find an edge she can lift, quickly jerks the duct tape from Franco's mouth.
Franco <aggrieved>: Take it easy!! (literally: “Not so rough!”)
Sarita <repressively, clearly a little frightened for him >: How can you say that to me when you practically got beaten to a pulp, you idiot?!?
Fr: How horrible! But what relief!! <holding out his bound hands.> Get this off me! <Sarita sets to work one-handed again, cutting at the cords that bind his wrists. as she glances down to check on what she’s doing, the GTCSS think they see their chance and go to make a move, but before they can do much more than turn and take a step toward her, she notices their movements, stands, and fires off another warning shot.>
S <shouting, angry>: Stand still -- stand still!! Do you think I'm playing, you imbeciles?! <the GTCSS cower away from her, hands in the air in an attempt to placate this armed madwoman. meanwhile Franco, his hands finally freed, scrambles to his feet. Sarita waves her gun threateningly at the GTCSS, shouting> Up against the wall, and the first one to move gets filled full of holes!! Obey me!! <keeping a wary eye on her, the pair again turn back to the wall. Sarita keeps her gun trained threateningly on the pair as Franco strides determinedly over to them.>
Fr: Let's see how brave these rats are... <approaching the nearer of the pair, he pulls the GTCSS’ jacket partway off to impede any counterpunch the guy might want to make before turning him around and giving him a powerful punch to the gut. coughing and gasping, the GTCSS falls to the floor at Sarita's feet where he rolls around, holding his stomach, groaning. Franco shouts> Who are you and what do you want?!?
S <also shouting>: Talk! Talk!!
Fr <commandingly, to Sarita>: I'll make them pay...! <he gives the other GTCSS a kidney punch from behind, then tosses him to join his colleague rolling around helplessly on the floor. <in a businesslike tone> Let's see, ruffians... let's see how you like it...! <he gives each of GTCSS several strong, smart kicks, causing both to moan, groan, and roll around more on the floor. neither, however, says anything. having vented some of his spleen, Franco stops and stands staring at Sarita, who continues to keep her gun trained on the pair, a determined, stern look on her face. briefly she glances up at him and meets his gaze with a direct, no-nonsense look before turning her attention back to the men on the floor.>

later, Franco has obviously found some cord with which to tie up the goons the way they'd tied him up. Sarita is still standing with her rifle ready in her arms, but it’s not aimed at anything in particular now, while Franco with more haste than care starts to roughly put another heavy canvas postal bag over the head of one of the GTCSS (a cut to a long shot shows the other one is already tied and bagged and is lying on the floor near Sarita). both GTCSS are making muffled sounds of protest but can't say anything distinct because of the duct tape Franco’s used to gag them the same way they'd earlier used some to gag him.
Fr <intent on his job, jerking the bag down over the guy’s shoulders>: Now you can see what it feels like to be stuck inside a postal bag!! You nearly asphyxiated me, you idiots!!
S <sternly>: These guys are very dangerous – some of the nastiest kind of assassins, Franco!
Fr <busily pulling the bag’s cord tight around the waist of the still-protesting GTCSS>: You're telling me -- they wanted to kill me! And I have no idea why, since I don't owe anyone anything, Sarita!
S: ...Then we have to tell the police!
Fr <still working on tightening and tying the cord>: I'll take care of that. You go home -- I don't want to get you into any more messes.
S: We're very close to your house -- don't worry.
F <finally finished with the second GTCSS, Franco marches him past Sarita toward a pile of boxes> Are you sure? Because I swear, I have no idea where we are...
S: I do know where we are.
Fr <giving the guy another punch to the gut before tossing him down onto the pile> (and here Franco was speaking so quickly i didn't quite catch exactly what he said at the beginning, but this is my best guess): They said someone would be coming to kill me, so we should get out of here right away... <he pauses to catch his breath for a moment and looks at Sarita. then he advances toward her, still regarding her with a steady, level gaze that she returns.> Sara, I don't want you to run any more risks, so give me the gun and let's get out of here, before the other crooks get here <she does not resist as he takes the rifle from her and, holding it by the barrel in his left hand, extends his right hand toward her. she puts her left into his hand and they hold hands in a firm clasp before he pulls her past him toward the door so she can exit before him. as she scampers through the door and quickly heads off down the hall, Franco shifts the gun to his other hand. he looks back into the room and sardonically says "Good-bye" to the two bound gangsters before slipping through the door and slamming it shut behind him.>

(more on the page 2)

Franco bursts out of the exit to the warehouse, Sarita’s rifle now gripped in both hands, ready to raise and shoot should a Bad Guy appear. clearly feeling a bit jumpy after his experiences and looking around warily, he takes several purposeful, yet nervous, steps out onto the driveway, checking to see if anyone is there. Sarita appears in the doorway but stays there as he continues to advance and look around, making sure it's safe to leave. finally satisfied the pals the GTCSS mentioned haven’t yet arrived, Franco turns and quickly heads back to get Sarita. taking her hand in a firm grip, the couple quickly darts away from the door, Franco in the lead. after they get away from the building, they stop again. Franco is still warily looking around. Sarita puts her other hand over the one of Franco's that's holding hers and grips his hand firmly between both of hers, squeezing it in a mute show of support or as if giving him encouragement. Franco looks at her. she looks back at him, then down at their clasped hands, then back at him again, steadily. the two then resume their dash toward her SUV, parked just out of sight of the door to the warehouse a short way away. as they get closer, Sarita first takes the lead, then drops his hand and starts to run toward the vehicle, while he follows a bit more warily, still looking around to make sure no-one is approaching to, at the last minute, impede their safe getaway.

in Sarita's SUV on the way to the Reyes hacienda, Franco is still very shaken by his experience.
Franco <wonderingly, chin in hand, shaking his head>: I swear to you that at one point I really thought they would kill me, that I wouldn't get out of there alive.
Sarita <glancing over at him, with a sigh>: I don't know where you got the strength [to deal with that], Franco! Those cowards really beat you up! <glances at him again, gives another, heavier, sigh.> It looks like you must have more than one enemy, right?
Fr <absently, rubbing the back of his head and checking his fingers to see if he's bleeding>: That I'm aware of, no -- at least, not enemies that would want to kill me.
S <pressing her point even as she warily glances in the rearview mirror to assure herself they're not being followed>: Well, that's what you believe, but if I hadn't gotten there in time, you'd be mincemeat, Franco! <in a lecturing tone> If you plan to stay alive, you're going to have to surround yourself with a bunch of bodyguards...
Fr <impatiently>: Look here, what are you thinking?? That I'm some sort of mafioso, or have important businesses (um, well, yes Franco -- you kinda DO have some important businesses. i guess here he means government businesses, tho, or something like that), or am involved in shady dealings?? No!! I have no need to take such measures [as getting a posse of bodyguards]! <he shuffles a bit in his seat, half-turning away from her and moodily looking out the window.>
S <with a sarcastic edge>: Ay, then it's because of skirt-chasing...! <repressively> You're shameless, and must have something going with more than one woman...! <chastising herself in an “I KNEW it!” sort of tone.> I don't know WHY I ran to your rescue -- I really don't know!!
Fr <annoyed, talking over her, half-turned toward her and waving one arm to emphasize his point>: Well, if you're sorry for the favor you did me, leave me back there so they can kill me! Turn around and leave me where you found me!!
S: Are you kidding?!? After the work I did to get you out of there?!? No, not a chance, Franco!! You have no idea how anguished and scared I was!!
Fr <no longer shouting, but still rather grumpy>: You didn't look very anguished or very frightened to me...! I was frightened when you shot at those guys -- I thought you were going to kill them...!
S: Yessss, at that moment I was capable of just about anything. <sighs, in a more reflective tone> But now I'm, like, trembling. I don't know how I could have done that... <Franco looks over at her with an arrested gaze, leaning slightly toward her. still watching the road, she takes her right hand off the wheel and briefly rests it on Franco's leg, then glances over at him for a moment before removing her hand again and returning her gaze to the road. he lifts his left hand and softly rests it on her bare shoulder.>
Fr <gazing intently at her profile, in a gentle tone>: Would you like me to help drive?
S <still watching where she's going, removing his hand from her shoulder and placing it back down near his leg (with determination, although it seems with a little reluctance as well); in a firmer, but slightly regretful tone>: No, no, don't worry, don't worry. We're nearly at your house and I'll leave you there, safe and sound... <Franco doesn't reply. they drive on.>

Sarita's SUV pulls up in front of the Reyes hacienda. she turns off the ignition but doesn't set the parking brake or make any move to get out. neither does Franco, who is sitting silently in his seat, also staring straight ahead. he's almost panting and looks as if he's trying not to show he's in pain.
Sarita <with a sigh and a touch of impatience, still not looking at Franco>: Well, we're here now -- what are you waiting for to get out? <not hearing a response, she glances impatiently over at Franco, and notices his expression and that he's sitting with one hand holding his ribs as if they hurt. he doesn't respond to her question. her expression changes to one of concern and she quickly sets the parking brake and scrambles out of the car, dashing around to his side of the car to open his door.> God, are you in pain? Wait there... Can it be those guys broke your ribs...? <when she has her back to him as she is getting out of the SUV, Franco smiles a little bit to himself, as if pleased about something, then quickly looks serious again lest she notice and mistake his smile for something else. it's clear he is hurting, but also that he's looking for a way to spend more time with Sarita, or make her notice him more, or something. getting around to his side of the vehicle, Sarita fumbles his door open and makes as if to help him out as he painfully turns in his seat to face her.>
Franco <with a tone in his voice as if he's trying to talk normally, but not quite succeeding>: I'm just a little sore, nothing more. <she sighs a little in relief. his tone gets a bit more serious> Look, I wouldn't want to leave you alone after what happened... May I accompany you [home]? <he looks at her earnestly, almost imploringly.>
S <firmly>: Don't worry, I'll be fine. The important thing is that you take care of yourself, Franco, and talk to your brothers and tell them everything that's happened. You can't go around alone knowing your enemies are after you.
Fr <intrigued>: You're really worried about me, aren't you?
S <sighs, looks away, fiddles with her shawl. then repressively, trying but not quite achieving a casual tone>: Not in the least. You don't mean anything to me.
Fr <pressing the point, wanting and hoping to hear her say she feels something for him; still not taking his eyes off her face>: Any other woman in your place would not have bothered to help me the way you did...
S <still fidgeting, apparently buying time while she tries to think of a reasonable but impersonal response; not quite looking at him>: I didn't do it for any particular reason, you know? <thinks of an excuse she hopes will serve her purpose; looking at him squarely but with an almost sardonic, faintly triumphant glint as if she knows what he had been hoping to get her to admit> Simply, I cannot bear injustice, so I would have done it for anyone.
Fr <laughing a little, finally getting out of the car. he walks up the few steps to the patio and, after a few more steps, turns around to face her>: Look, don't try to tell me that you confront bad guys who might kill you every day, ok? <she walks up the steps to face him, stopping at the edge of the top step, a few feet away from him. once again, she can't quite meet his gaze.> You know what? <his voice turns almost tender, and a little awed.> It seemed incredible to me when I saw you fighting like a Fury... <he slowly steps toward her, closing the gap between them. she looks up at him, a little dubiously.> ...for a person who's done nothing but behave rudely toward you. <he puts his hands up to gently cradle her face and head, then slowly, giving her time to pull away if she should so choose, leans in to press two soft, lingering kisses on her lips, his eyes closed to savor the experience. Sarita also has her eyes closed. she doesn't pull away, and though she doesn't exactly lean into it, she does kiss him back, although almost as if she couldn't stop herself. opening his eyes and straightening up as slowly as he'd leaned in, Franco smiles slightly as she, almost matter-of-factly, puts her hands up to his and pulls them, unresisting, away from her face to clasp between her own.>
S <looking up at him in an almost challenging, but nonetheless friendly way>: And this time, why did you do it? <she smiles wryly and gives a little snort.> Out of gratitude? <she lifts her eyebrows in enquiry, although her tone almost makes it more of a statement than a question.>
Fr <softly, shaking his head gently while not taking his eyes off her>: No... no, because I felt like kissing you. <she stares up at him, almost confused. he smiles broadly and laughs a little.> If you want, you can hit me again...
S <smiling broadly back at him, laughing a little, sharing the joke>: You've already been hit quite a bit tonight, don't you think?
Fr <looking a bit more serious>: ...But I haven't been kissed much... (translator's note: i've translated these last two lines so that they 'read' better in English, but the flow isn't quite the same. a more literal translation, would be "You've already received a lot of blows tonight, don't you think...?" / "But not a lot of kisses..." but in English these days, the word "blows" could refer to pyschological as well as physical, which is why i didn't use it.) <with an intent look, Franco again puts his hands up to cradle Sarita's face before leaning in for another kiss. this time it's a much longer, more passionate kiss, one which Sarita clearly returns. a long shot shows that Sarita has put her hands up to hold his arms to steady herself while she also leans into the kiss by standing on tiptoe. when he pulls away, a flash of white shows he is smiling. he leans back down and gives her one more quick peck in farewell before gently stepping backward and away from her, and she discretely regains her balance. releasing her face, he turns and, with a big smile, starts to slowly fumble toward his front door, pleased with himself -- pleased he kissed Sarita and she kissed him back without resisting or hitting him; pleased at his progress from a resounding, stinging slap in response to his earlier kiss, to her coming to his rescue, to her mutely accepting his apology and subsequent kisses. but he hasn't taken more than a few steps when Sarita's voice stops him.>
S: Franco...! <he stops, then after a brief pause, turns back to face her, still grinning but now looking a bit wary as well. she has been standing where he left her, fidgeting with her shawl and sortof smiling to herself, almost as if trying to come to a decision. Then, as if she's made up her mind but wants to act on it before she can think herself out of it, she wordlessly, urgently, quickly crosses the space between them and, reaching up, takes his face between her hands to pull it down toward her before kissing him even more passionately than he'd just kissed her. he's so stunned that it takes him a moment or two to react, but then he puts his hand up to once again cradle her head as they continue kissing. after a few more moments, she breaks away. he lets her go without trying to stop her, still a bit bemused by this turn of events. pursing her lips as if to imprint the kiss on them so she can savor it a bit longer, Sarita gives him a somewhat enigmatic look, but with a smile in her eyes, before turning and hurrying back to her SUV. he watches her, a big ol' grin on his face. at first he still looks rather stunned at this latest development. then, as he really takes in that she just kissed him, his grin gets even bigger and he almost seems to laugh a bit to himself. she gets into her car and looks back at him through the passenger window, again chewing on her lips and with the same sort of unreadable expression as before, all the while starting up the car in her usual no-nonsense fashion. he leans down, hands braced on his knees, so as to see her better, and watches as she carefully but expeditiously backs down the driveway away from the house. he lifts a hand in mute farewell as he straightens up again and stands there for a moment more after she's out of sight. then, smiling and clearly thinking to himself, "Wow!! Who'd've thought..?!? This is even better than I could have imagined!! WOW!!" he turns and heads for the house, still blown away by the whole thing and looking around almost as if inviting the walls, the stars, the sky to share the experience with him.

The rock scene:

Franco: When I didn't see you, I felt afraid. I thought your horse might have thrown you. All these hours out and nothing happened -- you're a very good rider, Sara.
Sarita: Please don't send me any more flowers, Franco.
F: Look, I sent them as thanks for everything you did for me, you understand?
S: Just the one bouquet would have been sufficient. I don't need more.
F: The others I sent because I wanted to, you know? <he kisses her, very gently, leaning in slowly, giving her the chance to stop him. she knows what's coming and doesn't avoid it --she almost seems to yearn for it, in fact-- but neither does she respond; and after a moment, she pulls away.>
S: ...And don't do that again either, please.
F: I'm not doing it out of gratitude, okay? Are you offended?
S: No... No, I feel strange. Very strange. I don't know how it is I let you kiss me, after hating you so.
F: Maybe you're not seeing me the same way, or I you. Don't you think it's funny, what's happening to us...? We met under the worst circumstances and neither of us would give the time of day to the other. And suddenly, I discovered in you a woman I had never seen before.
S: And how do you see me now, Franco? The same way you saw Jimena, or that singer in the bar or that widow woman...?
F <interrupting>: Why do you have to bring them up, Sarita?? You don't have anything to do with them!
S: Does it bother you to be reminded of your romantic errors?
F: Look, I know I'm no saint, and I've made a lot of mistakes. But I don't want you to take me for a scoundrel or for a cynic, because truly -- I'm not [any of those things].
S <with a tiny smile>: Perhaps I'm also discovering in you a man I never knew. <Franco looks struck by this admission, and hangs on every word.> The only difference is, I was always interested in you... from the first day I saw you. <Franco smiles a little and gets a slightly hopeful, but almost disbelieving look on his face.>
F: I don't believe you... (but he sooooo wants to be assured that it's true!)
S: I can't be a hypocrite, Franco. I always pretended to be indifferent [toward you], but I've been interested in you since you arrived at the hacienda. And that was why all the things you did hurt me, and made me so angry, Franco.
F <looks like he wants to kiss her>: Sarita... <can't think of how to continue>
S <forestalls him>: And I still don't trust Гость, because I'm still getting to know you. I don't want to risk becoming one more on your long list of conquests. I have a lot of self-respect, Franco Reyes, and I demand that others respect me.
F: Well, you don't have to worry about [having my respect -- you've got it]. And tell me -- what else [do] you need in order to give me the chance to see more of you? (as in, to get better acquainted)
S <a bit sadly>: Don't send me any more flowers. <she gets up and leaves, leaving him sitting there looking a bit stunned, puzzled, and even perhaps hurt.>

Franco and Sarita's First Date-Date*

Franco is sitting alone at a table in a nice-looking restaurant, looking around, checking his watch, impatiently sipping at a nearly-empty glass of wine. either he's just incredibly impatient or whoever he is waiting for is late or going to stand him up. finally he appears to decide that his guest isn't coming after all. he gets up and, still looking around with now slightly desperate, fading hope, seems to be making as if to leave when he stops short, staring. the camera swings around and shows us what he's staring at: Sarita, all elegantly dressed up. he smiles happily, she returns it, then looks away nervously, shyly. he continues to stare and smile, and she continues to stare back at him then look away. finally they exchange big smiles.

later, they're both seated at the table. he can't take his eyes off her face, although she's having a bit of a hard time meeting such a direct gaze.

F <a little diffidently>: I thought... you were going to stand me up.
S <firmly>: When I promise to do something, I always do it.
F: You look very pretty, you know? But a little serious.
S <smiles and laughs a little>: I'm a little nervous. This is the first time I've gone out like this, on a date. <they both smile.>
F <still smiling broadly>: Have you told your sisters about it yet?
S: No, no, no -- of course not! I haven't told anyone! After opposing their relationships with Juan and with Óscar, how-- how am I going to tell them that... that I dare to go out with you?! (they are still back to using "usted" with each other; i guess that whole "tú" episode must have just been the heat of the moment during the fight with la Rata Asquerosa...)
F <hitching his chair closer so he can lean even further across the table toward her than he already is>: ...But you're ok? You're calmer...?
S <a bit nervous, still unable to return his fixed gaze>: Yes! Yes! Yes, I'm happy. I'm happy about Grandfather's recovery... about the decision Norma made, because I think that Juan deserves another chance because they've suffered alo-- <she trails off abruptly, mid-word, because he has taken her hands in his and is holding them tightly. he's looking seriously at her, not smiling. she gazes at their clasped hands, then returns his look.>
F <earnestly, directly>: What interests me is that you are happy with yourself. <she can't hold his gaze and looks down at the table, sighing deeply.> Sara... <mustering her courage, she looks back at him.> I've thought and thought and thought about this, and I can't figure out where the hell I was looking that I never noticed you before...!
S <tenderly, gently, almost sadly, but directly>: You were looking at other women... <she disentangles her hands from his and, after briefly giving his a quick squeeze as if for reassurance, puts her hands on the table in front of her.> ...At Eduvina Trueba, and that singer at the bar, and who knows how many others...
F <a little hurt>: Are you always going to be reminding me about my past mistakes? Won't you ever forgive me for that?
S <with resignation and a small smile>: Ay, I must look like a fool to you, don't I? After all, what right to I have to meddle in your life?
F <grinning at her>: All I know is that I feel really good with you... <getting more serious.> ...And if my brothers Óscar and Juan got another chance, why not I? <he again takes her clasped hands in his as she, for the first time this evening, continues to meet his steady, earnest gaze.> Tell me something: Are you never going to change your opinion of me....? <long pause, during which she continues to meet his gaze.> Will you ever dare to look at me in a different way, Sara...? <he continues to look longingly into her eyes, then looks briefly down at their clasped hands before lowering his face a little to (it looks like) lightly kiss hers as he again returns his gaze to hers. there is another long pause as he waits for her reply. she doesn't say anything, but suddenly breaks into a blinding smile.>

later, the two are walking in a park, holding hands.

F: This whole having lots of money thing sometimes doesn't have all that many advantages... One forgets to look at the moon or enjoy simple things such as what is happening with us. <they pause near some sort of stone archway thing with three pillars supporting a double arch, and turn to face each other, still holding hands. Franco takes her other hand in his as well.>
S: You and your brothers work a lot, don't you?
F <nodding>: From sunup to sundown. You will have realized that we have a lot of responsibilities. You know... I think that I used to enjoy things before [becoming rich], back when I lived in that humble neighborhood. <he smiles at her.>
S <smiling back>: And would you like to go back there?
F <consideringly>: If I had to -- I don't think I'd have a problem with [returning to that life], in order to live peacefully. <he gazes at her somberly.> Happiness... you carry it within you. You can't buy it with anything.
S <nodding>: We are agreed on that. It's not good to make trouble... <suddenly smiling> It's better to see that everything goes well. <Franco returns her smile.> To be at peace with ourselves...
F <earnestly, stepping closer to her and joining her hands so he can clasp them both between his.>: ....Like being with you. Life is much better... <he leans toward her.> ... Much better... <he slowly lowers his face toward hers, as if giving her a chance to avoid his kiss if she wants to. but she doesn't, she looks up at him and, almost shyly returns his first gentle kisses. when he sees she's not going to reject him, he lets go of her hands and puts his up to hold her face as their kisses become more assured. soon she puts her hands to his face, too. they pause for a moment and smile tenderly at each other, then she pulls his head back toward her so they can continue to kiss. as they become more passionate, he moves his hands from her face so he can put his arms around her. they break off again and hug each other; his head on her shoulder, Franco smiles happily at the night. but now Sarita's nerves have caught up with her and she breaks away from him. she turns and starts to hurry away.>
S <flustered>: I-- I have to get back-- back home, Franco; it's late.
F <lunging to catch one of her hands and pull her back to him much as Óscar earlier did with Jimena, in an urgent tone>: Late for what? This is only just starting...! <he is staring at her with desire naked in his eyes. she knows he wants her, and puts her hands up to caress his face as he again, slowly, embraces and leans in to kiss her. this time she has no reservations, and eagerly returns his caresses with equal fervor.>

later, driving home, Sarita smiles happily as she remembers: the time outside his house, when she drove him home after she rescued him from Armie's goons, when she kissed him for the first time. then, the time on the rock when he kissed her (before she told him not to do that any more). and then when they first kissed earlier that very evening. she pulls up in front of the house and gets out of the car, smiling, humming, and laughing softly to herself, strolling slowly toward the front door, continuing to savor the events of the evening and her new relationship. suddenly, we see the door open and Gabi, a look of stern disapproval all over her face, steps out and plants herself in front of the open door, arms crossed and rigid with annoyance. Sarita stops short, sighing to herself in a "I should have known it" way, then looks at her mother with an, "Ok, go ahead -- let's get this over with" look on her face before starting to stride purposefully toward the house.

G <typical snarky tone>: May one ask where you've been?
S: I had to go out.
G <distinctly pronouncing each word with distaste>: Where to, what for, and with whom?
S <slightly disbelieving look on her face>: Are you actually going to oblige me to tell you, Mamá?
G <looks away in annoyance for a moment, then back at Sarita, changing tack slightly>: Did you have a date?
S <with a bit of a back-against-the-wall air>: Yes. Yes, I did. <mustering a slightly forced attempt at being casual> Is there anything wrong with that?
G: That depends upon who it was with. Sara, I will ask you to please not keep secrets from me.
S <firmly>: I'm sorry, Mamá, but on this occasion I am keeping it to myself. Don't stay up any later on my account. <she strides past Gabi and hurries into the house as Gabi continues to stand disapprovingly where she is.>

Rosario's visit:

*training ring, Elizondo hacienda. Sarita is currying a horse when Faithless Tramp comes striding across the ring toward her.
Sarita <coolly>: Would you like to tell me what you are looking for here, miss? or... madam...? <FT saunters all the way around Sarita, looking her up and down, without saying anything. Sarita clearly doesn't like the scrutiny, but tries not to let on that it's gotten to her a bit.> Alright already, answer me, please! Tell me what you came for, or what you want...!
FT <evenly, deliberately>: I wanted to meet you..., and to look you over.
S <firmly casual>: I already know you -- I saw you sing at the Bar Alcalá.
FT <with an edge, but still very controlled>: I was very curious to meet the woman Franco threw me over for <Sarita has a polite 'Oh, yes...?' look on her face>. I wanted to see if she were prettier..., or <with a sweeping but dismissive glance up and down Sarita's body> more of a woman. <it is evident FT thinks Sarita is neither of these things.>
S <smiling broadly, with an almost mocking little laugh> There's no need to make comparisons between us -- we're both very different [from each other]. <she also looks FT up and down, gets more serious> ...In all ways.
FT <dispassionately curious>: Just tell me one thing: Do you truly love Franco Reyes? Do you really want to be with him?
S <straightforward, assured>: Yes. But I have no intention of fighting for anyone's love, since I'm not the sort of woman to force anything. <firmly> If a man truly loves me, he will be mine, and no-one else's.
FT <laying her cards on the table, with a hint of heat, and of warning>: Well, I AM willing to take things to their very limits for the love of Franco Reyes! Of that you can be certain.
at this point, Norma arrives on the scene and silently takes up a position behind Sarita, as if backing her up -- not that it's really necessary -- FT's already gotten what she came for. she turns and strides out of the training ring. watching her leave, Norma asks Sarita what that was all about, but Sarita won't say. unconsciously echoing Juan's comment to Franco after FT left in yesterday's episode, Norma tells Sarita they're going to have to have a serious talk.

near the training ring. Norma is still trying to get Sarita to tell her why Faithless Tramp came to see her. Sarita clearly is not telling her anything. Norma says she can't stand it that Sarita is keeping things from her and that as her sister she's not only concerned, but has every right to know what's going on with Sarita. Sarita is still trying to get away, so Norma continues, telling her that she thinks she knows what it's about, anyway. she points out that Sarita has been going out with a guy, and she's figured out who that guy is, adding that a blind person could have figured it out after seeing FT. still trying to get Sarita to talk, Norma all but orders her to stop trying to pretend with her. "The guy you're seeing is Franco Reyes -- admit it!!" Jimena walks up at this point and, noticing the tension between her sisters, asks with mock severity what they're arguing about. Sarita tries again to make her escape, saying to Norma that she thinks it would be better to leave things for later. Norma disagrees, telling Sarita that Jimena also has a right to know. but Sarita just hurries away without saying anything. Norma runs off after her, leaving Jimena, puzzled, looking after her sisters.

The second date.

now it's Sarita's turn to wait in the restaurant, wondering if Franco is going to appear... she's sitting alone at one end of a table that could comfortably seat four (if not more) in a busy, well-lit restaurant, wearing same the brown pleather outfit (did we ever agree on the 'fabric' that outfit is made out of, anyway?) Franco had admired her in at Juan David's baptism. the only difference is, however, that unlike Franco in the same situation (who would put her tardiness or non-appearance down to nerves and/or her mother), and given what Sarita said to her sisters earlier today and her worries about the strength of his feelings for her, Sarita would certainly take his standing her up as a Sign she should opt for the other path, that of definitely not having anything further to do with Franco. but she really doesn't want to be stood up. she really doesn't want to have all her worst fears proven true. so she sits unhappily at the table, checking her watch and hoping Franco will arrive soon, yet steeling herself for the possibility that he won't come after all, or, if he does, that he will confess he's still involved with Faithless Tramp.

and finally Franco arrives. he pauses in the doorway of the dining room and looks anxiously around for her. seeing her, he eagerly strides over to the table, bending to press a soft kiss on her cheek. Sarita doesn't greet him, or even smile, and seems to lean away a little from the kiss as if her instinct is to avoid it. she looks very sad.
Fr <a little nervously>: I'm sorry for the delay but I had to resolve a few last-minute problems at the hacienda. Forgive me for making you wait, ok? (tú / usted alert: Franco uses "tú" to Sarita but she uses "usted" to him for most of this scene.)
S <briskly, but a little shyly as well, with a somewhat forced smile>: Don't worry about it -- the important thing is you're here now. <he seats himself in the seat at right-angles to her and notices her downcast eyes and resolute expression.>
Fr <disconcerted and a little worried>: Is something wrong, Sara? You seem a little strange...
S <drawing a breath and bracing herself>: I need to have a serious conversation with you, Franco. We have to clarify a lot of things. It's always better to know where we stand, so we can avoid problems. <she looks directly and somberly at him as she says this; he returns her gaze, mutely nodding his agreement.>

[we cut to two separate scenes with the Goons That Couldn't Shoot Straight, who have followed Franco into the restaurant and are over at the bar, glaring at him out of the corners of their eyes. a couple of long shots from their POV show Franco and Sarita at the table, both looking very serious, talking to each other. as she is more or less facing in their direction, the Goons recognize Sarita as Franco's rescuer and decide they will kill her as well ("two birds with one stone..."), to avenge their humiliation at her hands. and then we're back with Franco and Sarita...]

Fr <earnestly>: Sara, I want you to know that the Rosario chapter of my life is permanently closed, ok? It's in the past. It only lasted a moment that's over now, for good -- I feel absolutely nothing for her!
S <unhappily, but honestly>: Apparently that woman does not feel the same, Franco. She had the nerve to turn up at my house, and she didn't have the slightest qualm about threatening me, and warning me that she is willing to do whatever it takes to get you back. And the worst of it is, she looked very sure of herself to me.
Fr <urgently>: Well, she doesn't mean a thing to me, Sara. She came looking for me and I was very clear: I told her that my feelings have changed, and the only things I feel for her now are repugnance and distaste. <Sarita sighs deeply, her eyes wet with threatened tears that she determinedly blinks away. she looks like she wants to believe him, but can't bring herself to.> Sara... <he takes one of her hands in both of his and kisses it briefly. he clasps it firmly, holding it near his chest (which has the bonus effect of drawing her a little closer to him) as he leans toward her, looking earnestly into her eyes.> The only woman I care about is you. I don't have eyes for any other women. <pause. she still doesn't give any indication of relenting.> Believe me -- I'm begging you! <earnestly pleading and still holding her hand in one of his, he untangles the other and raises it to gently brush a few stray hairs away from one side of her face before returning to intertwine the fingers of both hands with her hand again.> Don't let your head get full of nonsense; trust in me.
S <gently pulling her hand free of his and using both of hers to press both of his to the table; still looking unhappy>: Franco, I... I want to be clear with you. I'm not interested in getting myself involved in this kind of a problem. And, well, if you are going to persist in seeing that woman, I-- I would prefer to forget that you exist and go back the way things were [before you]. <Franco looks at her, unhappy and a little stunned.> (and i have to say that that's really not too fair of her, since he's just sworn up and down that he is not involved with Faithless Tramp, regardless of what FT might try to claim. and considering what Norma just went through with Pointless Tramp, you'd think Sarita would be a little more able to see his side of things. unless... well, with all the fuss over Martín, we never did get to hear Norma telling her sisters what she saw and realized that night at the Reyes house when PT was there. is it possible Sarita and Jimena don't know the whole story about Gabi, Rata Asquerosa, and PT's lies? that might explain a few things...)

[we cut away again to another scene where one GTCSS points out a passing waiter to his pal, who immediately sees his point. while Sarita and Franco continue their unhappy discussion out of our hearing, the two GTCSSs hijack a pair of likely-looking waiters at gunpoint, hustle them into a nearby bathroom, and force the waiters to give them their clothing. the two GTCSSs emerge a short time later, waiter's napkins draped over their pistols. they head for Franco and Sarita's table...]

S <earnestly>: Understand me, Franco... If being with you is going to turn into one giant headache, I'd rather be alone, and that way I'll avoid problems with that pest, Rosario Montes. <Franco looks distraught, trying to think of something to say to counter this and clearly not finding anything.> I won't kill myself for you or for anyone, Franco. <glancing over Franco's shoulder for a moment, Sarita catches sight of the barrel of one of the pistols, pointed straight toward her, its twin right next to it. she looks up at the men carrying the guns and, though her face gives nothing away, recognizes the GTCSSs as they purposefully make their way toward her and Franco through the crowded dining room. almost without missing a beat, she gets hard look on her face and, raising her voice and looking at Franco, starts to speak in an angry tone.> You're nothing more than-- than a wastrel, Franco Reyes!! A scoundrel who toyed with my feelings!! <she half-stands and, a wary eye on the advancing gunmen, shakes an accusatory finger at Franco. the patrons sitting nearby are beginning to notice her attack, and Franco looks frankly stunned and bewildered at this abrupt change in her attitude. without letting him even open his mouth to protest, Sarita presses on with her harangue.> But it ends here, Franco Reyes, because I'm not going to let you keep on wiping the floor with me!! <she is standing now, and leaning over a thoroughly confused Franco in a very threatening sort of way.> I AM. NOT. GOING.-- <a full glass of what looks like a Bloody Mary has been sitting untouched on the table in front of her this whole time and as she continues to shout more and more loudly at Franco, she grabs the glass in one hand as if she is going to throw its contents into his face.> --TO. LET. YOU!!!

suddenly, Sarita pushes Franco's head down onto the table and tosses the contents of her glass full into the face of the nearest GTCSS (the tall one with hair), blinding him temporarily. while he tries to clear his eyes, Sarita hauls Franco out of his seat by one arm with more haste than courtesy, gritting "the table, Franco" to him as she tips the table on end and unceremoniously pulls him down with her behind it for safety as the other GTCSS (the shorter one with the shaved head) opens fire on them. the other patrons start to scream and run in all directions. the moment he hears the shots, Franco realizes what is going on and, running out from behind the table, makes a flying tackle at the shooter and starts to wrestle with him. as they lurch around, the shorter GTCSS' gun gets slammed out of his hand onto a nearby table, where it lies unnoticed. meanwhile, Sarita yanks the tablecloth off the table and whips it over the head of the taller, still-blinded GTCSS, then tries to further disable him by jumping at him from behind. some of the real waiters join the fracas by pouncing on the shorter GTCSS and starting to pummel him. seeing Sarita struggling with the larger one, Franco abandons the short one to defend her. chairs and tables are overturned as much by the fighting as by the panicked patrons fleeing. finally, the shorter GTCSS manages to extricate himself from his fight (which rages on unabated between the waiters!) and, without stopping to look for his gun, immediately skulks out of the roiling dining room toward the exit. meanwhile, Franco gets several really solid punches in on the larger GTCSS, who gets in one or two of his own on Franco before getting him and Sarita both out of his way by dint of bodily tossing Franco right into Sarita's arms. while Franco and Sarita struggle to keep their feet and reassure themselves the other is unharmed, the larger GTCSS grabs his gun from where it had fallen on the floor and scrambles out of the room as well, herding those patrons who hadn't already fled before him. at the exit, firing his pistol into the air to get the panicked people out of his way faster, the taller GTCSS, like an idiot, stands in the now-cleared doorway, brandishing his pistol threateningly at anyone unwise enough to try to get up and calling for the shorter one BY NAME (Rubinsky). the shorter one scrambles out the door past the larger one (Hertzog) and dives into the driver's seat of the convertible, yelling all the while to the larger one to hurry. the larger GTCSS stations himself in the back seat of the car, his pistol aimed at the doorway. he shouts that he sees 'him' (Franco) coming. as Franco comes running out the doorway, the larger GTCSS looses off a flurry of shots at him while the shorter GTCSS starts to drive off. Franco dodges and twists, trying to avoid getting hit, but after the first several shots he falls to the ground and lies there, motionless (and the continuity people slipped up again, since they gave the goons regular revolvers, which only carry SIX bullets, and i counted NINE shots from the large GTCSS's gun. but whatever). as the gunmen finally drive off, Sarita comes tearing out of the restaurant. seeing Franco motionless body lying face-down on the ground, she screams and, fear throbbing in her voice, calls out his name as she runs over to kneel next to him.

S <tearfully, frantically, cradling his head in her hands>: Franco, Franco, darling... (at least, i think she said "querido." it was very soft, she was crying, and the music was loud, so it was hard to tell for certain). Franco, are you alright? (she has dropped the "usted" and uses "tú" here) <she gently starts to turn him onto his back, continuing to murmer his name. we can hear him breathing heavily as he slowly opens his eyes, looking a bit dazed for a moment, then realizing she's holding him in her lap.>
Fr <still breathing hard; twisting himself to face her and propping himself up with one arm>: Relax, <pant, pant> nothing happened. <she's still holding his chest as if she can't believe he isn't hurt. he touches her arm, her face, her shoulder with his free hand as if reassuring himself as much as her. they gaze intently at each other for a moment before embracing each other tightly. still shell-shocked by what just happened and their narrow escape, they continue to stare disbelivingly at each other, each caressing the other's face and shoulder as they try to catch their breaths and assure themselves in soft murmers that the other really is ok. after a few moments, Sarita pulls Franco's head down and kisses him gently on the forehead before hugging him to her again. still stunned, he sinks into her embrace.>

Franco visits Sara in Elizondo house

Elizondo hacienda>
the front door opens and we see someone wearing jeans coming in. the booted feet advance purposefully across the floor for a few steps, pause, then decisively turn and continue toward the left. Dominga puts us out of our misery by identifying the mystery visitor>
Dominga <with a little gasp>: Don Franco! What are you doing here??
Franco <briskly, pausing near the bottom of the stairs, but it's clear he's going to keep on going as soon as he's done talking to Dominga>: I came looking for Sara -- I need to speak with her immediately.
D <darting over toward him, casting wary looks to all sides>: I'll go call her, but please do me a favor and wait for her outside...!
Fr: I have no intention of going anywhere, Dominga...
D <pleading>: Ay, don't borrow trouble...! See, Doña Grabiosa is nearby and if she sees you, she'll raise the roof.
Fr <impatiently>: I don't give a toss about that! Tell me once and for all where Sara is and I'll go find her!
D <giving in>: She's upstairs in Doña Norma's room, taking care of the baby.
Fr <dashing up the stairs two at a time>: Thanks!

<Norma's bedroom>
Sarita is in her robe, kneeling next to the bed. Juan David is lying on his back on the bed (along with a bunch of his toys) as Sarita leans over him, smiling and talking baby talk / nonsense to him about how handsome he is, and how much energy he has, why won't he take a nap, etc. Franco almost saunters in, absentmindedly giving a single, perfunctory knock on the door jamb as he pauses for a moment in the doorway to observe the scene with his head cocked to one side and a tender smile, and wait to be officially invited to enter. Sarita, at right angles to the door and with all her attention focused on the baby, doesn't notice, but Juan David does. he looks over and smiles at Franco, and even sortof reaches toward him for a second, then, almost as if he knows they are supposed to be in love, looks back at Sarita as if waiting to see her reaction -- it's very cute. Sarita looks over to see who Juan David was looking at and sees Franco. for a moment she looks at him blankly, as if she's not even sure what she's seeing. then she breaks into an almost rueful smile. she stands and picks up the baby, carrying him over to greet Franco, who, taking her response for an invitation to enter, eagerly advances toward her, still smiling tenderly (someone said it's as if he was imagining Sarita as the mother of his child and liking what he saw, and i think s/he might have had a point).
Sarita: Franco! <she gives him a kiss and puts her free arm around him as he enfolds her and the baby in a strong hug (and so i don't have to keep saying so, i'll just say now that Sarita has Juan David either in her arms or on her hip for the entire rest of the scene). after a few long moments, they let each other go and she steps back. she's a little flustered, suddenly very conscious her hair's not brushed, she's in her pjs, etc. she hastily tries to smooth her hair a bit, then gives it up> What are you doing here? How-- how did you dare come?
Fr <softly, seriously>: I had to come -- I couldn't stand it a minute longer not having any news of you, Sara.
S <moving her head about and not really meeting his gaze, pretending that she's concentrating on the baby as her excuse, in a calm tone>: Well, nothing's happened here.
Fr <after a tiny pause>: I don't know why, but I'm getting the distinct impression that either you're hiding from me, or something happened after your mother found us together, Sara.
S <still not meeting his gaze>: No, no, those are just silly notions, Franco -- everything's fine. <makes a stab at laughing it off by rolling her eyes a bit, but she still can't look at him.>
Fr <arms akimbo>: Well, if that's the case, then why do you spend all day shut up in this house? Why the hell don't you go to work like usual -- tell me?
S: Well, because... because I have to do a lot of things here, Franco -- I have to organize a lot of things. That's the only reason.
Fr <stepping toward her and using a finger to gently lift her chin so they are looking at each other; in a soft tone>: Sara... hey... You look, like, run-down to me, as if you'd been sick, or recovering from something <Sarita moves her head so she can kiss his hand before putting her free hand up to clasp it, removing it from where it has moved to caress her cheek and ear. this has the added bonus of removing it so she is no longer 'compelled' by the pressure of his hand to look into his face and so he won't see the lie in her eyes.>
S <almost impatiently>: I'm telling you, everything is fine, it's just silly notions of yours; the truth is, nothing's happened... <finally meeting his gaze steadily, since this IS the truth.> Franco, I don't want any more problems with my mother, please! I promise you I'll come find you later, but for right now, leave!
Fr <looking at her dubiously -- he knows something's not right here, and everything she's saying is only making him more certain of this. yet she keeps saying everything is fine>: I'll do that, but beforehand I want you to tell me something, and I want you to tell the truth, Sara... <she glances away then looks back at him, puzzled and a bit worried. Franco looks steadily into her face as he asks> Did your mother mistreat you or hit you?
S <waving her free hand dismissively and trying to look sincere, but she again can't really meet his gaze>: No, no, of course not, Franco -- how could you think that?
Fr <firmly>: Well, I cannot stand to think that anyone should hit you or mistreat you, Sara -- ok?
<just then, Grabiosa strides into the room through the open door. she pauses for a moment as she recognizes the intruder, then advances toward him. she is very assured, the picture of outraged and offended dignity. Franco is standing with his back to the door. as Grabi rapidly approaches within striking distance of Franco (her hitting him, i mean) and Franco turns to face her, Sarita hurriedly dashes around Franco to stand defensively in front of him, baby still on her hip. the move seems mostly an attempt to protect Franco, since she knows HE would not hit Grabi without extreme provocation, but cannot feel the same assurances about this mother who is almost a stranger anymore... and i should just note that in slippers, the top of Sarita's head just comes up to Franco's chin, so he doesn't have any problems seeing Grabi over Sarita.>
Gr <glaring at both Sarita and Franco. Sarita looks back warily, almost defensively; Franco meets Grabi's glare with a steady one of his own>: What are you doing here...??? Wasn't what you did the last time enough for you??? <starting to lose some of her dignity and get a bit hysterical> How DARE you just walk into my house like some vulgar thief??!
Fr <arms akimbo again; firmly, sternly, totally unafraid of Grabi. Sarita, on the other hand, looks nervous, worried, yet determined>: I don't give a rat's ass what you think!! I came to protect Sara. And just because you're her mother, that doesn't give you any right to castigate her, never mind to hit her!! <warningly> If I find out that you did anything to her, you will have to answer to me, ma'am!!
Gr: Don't you come threatening me in my own house! Leave immediately or I won't be responsible, Franco Reyes--!
Fr <talking over her, the calm firmness of his tone in contrast to the hysterical edge hers has again acquired>: Look, I am the one who won't be answerable...! If I find out that you raised a hand to Sara, ma'am, I would be capable of just about anything [in retaliation]!! And I want to make it perfectly clear that I am not afraid of you or that cowardly future husband of yours! <Sarita gasps at this, but it only adds fuel to Grabi's ire.>
Gr <haughtily, outraged>: La Rata is NOT a coward! And when I am married and he is in his rightful place here, he won't allow you [Reyes brothers] to put so much as a FOOT on this property!! You [Franco] are nothing more than an abuser who takes advantage of his brute force to come here and terrorize me!!
Fr <firmly, meeting her glare for glare>: The one taking advantage here is you, ma'am, by abusing your daughters!
S <nervously, jiggling the baby on her hip>: Okay, enough, please... please! Don't you two argue any more! <she stares at her mother for the briefest of moments as if waiting to see if Grabi is going to say anything in response, then turns to look up at Franco, who is still glaring steadily at Grabi> Ay, Franco... Franco, please... Don't let's make things worse right now, okay? <as he finally stops glaring at Grabi and looks down at her, she steps slightly to one side, forcing him to turn a bit away from Grabi in order to keep looking down at her. steadily holding his gaze with hers, she puts her free hand pleadingly on his arm and talks to him in a soft, yet firm tone.> Please leave, for the love of God.
Fr <after staring down at her for a moment, gives a sort of exasperated sigh>: Sara, if I go, it's only because you've asked me to. But, <he puts up a warning finger and softly touches her on the lips with it> remember what you promised me, ok? We'll see each other this afternoon, right? <as she almost unhappily makes a near-inaudible little "un-hunh" in agreement, he again puts his hand under her chin to lift her face to his, and leans down to give her a gentle kiss. Grabi, watching this, gives an exaggerated, exasperated tsk/sigh of revulsion and turns her head away as if she can't bear to look, and Sarita, after giving him a bare peck in return, makes as if to pull away. she looks worried and unhappy.>
S <to Franco, pleading>: Go! Go, go, please!! Go!! <Franco squeezes past Grabi, who is standing quite near the foot of the bed, and, picking his hat up off the bed, heads slowly for the door. in the doorway, he pauses and turns back to address a final warning to Grabi.>
Fr <matter-of-factly casual, yet firm>: Ma'am: Hopefully I won't learn that you did something to Sara because of me. Because if you should touch so much as a hair on her head, you will have serious problems with me. <without waiting for a response, he turns and continues out the door. Grabi, outraged anew, starts to rush toward his retreating back, then stops herself as if realizing there are several good reasons why she should not attack him, and his being physically stronger than she is is only the least of them. Sarita wordlessly continues to jiggle the baby as Grabi half turns back into the room.>
Gr <to herself, in a soft but furious tone, almost as if unaware anyone is there>: When I am married to La Rata, this will NOT happen again... Things are going to change -- <looking over at Sarita warningly> they're going to change completely!!

Sara and Franco talk over the phone

Sarita and Franco on the phone (mostly they only show Sarita, who's on the phone in the main hall by the staircase, so she is keeping her voice down and constantly keeping an eye out to make sure she's not being overheard by people who don't need to be clued in to their conversation...)
Sarita: My love, I SWEAR I'm dying to go that party with you, but tonight I just can't.... <listens to Franco's response (which we can't hear. the only time we actually HEAR what he's saying is when we cut to a shot of him strolling around inside the hacienda). after a brief pause she gasps a little in mock shock, then smiles her 10,000-watt smile and begins to move around in a flirtatious manner> Ah, noooo! Ah, no, mister -- I don't have dates with other boyfriends or anything like it! But, it's fine if you want to think that <gets all faux-off-handed>, because every now and again I think it's good for you to be a little jealous over me!
Franco <in a hearty tone, strolling nonchelantly into the dining room, where we see Quintina bent over, busily polisihing the table>: I see! Well, if things have reached that point, then I'll have to find some young thing to pass some time with, you know? <as he approaches Quintina> Look, in fact, right here on hand I have a big, generously-built brunette...! <Quintina straightens up at this and glares at him indignantly. meanwhile, on her end of the line, Sarita opens her eyes very wide and pretends to be shocked.> I have but to lift a finger and she's mine!
S: Ok, fine -- if that's what you want, then by all means go [to the party] with her! Because I am certainly not the type to get all bent out of shape over little things! <pause while she listens. he clearly says something really outrageous because she tries not to scream with laughter before replying.> Ay! Ay, my God! But what a sick mind you have, by God!! <just then MDumba comes around the corner, and checks for a moment to glare disapprovingly at Sarita. it seems likely that she's heard this last bit but even if she doesn't, a happy, laughing Sarita flirting with that regenerate Franco is The Worst, as far as MDumba is concerned. seeing her, Sarita stiffens and gets serious immediately. MDumba stalks around Sarita, giving her a wide berth, and starts to stomp deliberately up the stairs, turning to glare back at Sarita. she's obviously taking her time, hoping that if she can take long enough about it she will overhear something she can later turn to her advantage, and equally obvious that Sarita knows MDumba is listening and has no intention of saying anything while MDumba is still within earshot.> No, but seriously, my love, seriously <step, step, step> -- there's nothing I'd like more in life than to be with you. <step, step, step.> But... <step> truthfully... <step, step. Sarita lowers her voice just a little bit> ...tonight is just impossible. <step, step. as they fade out of earshot, Sarita glances up toward the upper part of the stairs, making sure MDumba isn't standing right there, trying to listen. reassured that she's finally out of range, Sarita still takes care to lower her voice another notch, just in case, before saying in a firm, quick tone> I have something really important I have to do -- something to do with Mamá, and with my obligations as a daughter.

The veil scene.

scene: a dressing alcove at Leandro's dress shop
<Sarita is standing in front of a full-length mirror, looking like she feels a little silly and doesn't want to do this but is humoring someone. that someone would appear to be Franco, who is standing behind her, excitedly rubbing his hands and making noises of encouragement and appreciative anticipation. Leandro's assistant (Betina? i can never remember her name) comes into view in the mirror, carrying a wedding veil in her hands.>
Franco <rubbing his hands and grinning from ear to ear>: Let's see, let's see... <Betina starts to fit the veil onto Sarita's head as Sarita stands there looking a bit like she wishes she could have talked Franco out of this whole business.> YES!! <Sarita resignedly raises her hands and ducks her head a little to help Betina get the veil into place. you can tell she still feels stupid about the whole thing. Franco eagerly helps Betina arrange the veil so it covers Sarita's face as Sarita protests half-heartedly, knowing she won't be heeded.> Let's see, let's see, let's see...
Sarita <no longer helping, with a long-suffering look on her face>: Ay, no -- my love...! Stop being so silly....!
Fr <unheeding; running around to face her, still tweaking the placement of the veil>: Lessee... Let me look at you a sec...! <he looks at her lovingly for a long moment, then tenderly lifts the veil away from her face. Sarita puts up her hands to push her hair out of her eyes a bit and looks at him rather like she's humoring a beloved, but nonetheless crazy, person.> I want to imagine how you will look the day we get married. <he takes her hands in his and holds them down at their sides, leaning in even closer to her, to continue in a sincere, gentle tone.> You will look gorgeous, and I dream of that day. <he gives her a quick kiss which she returns.>
S <smiling up at him, in a slightly teasing tone>: And who told you that I want to get married in a veil, hmmm? <in a more practical tone, as she reaches up with one hand to remove the veil> No, and anyway, I don't care for the traditional [wedding] dresses, my love. <Sarita glances away from Franco only long enough to ensure Betina is still hovering discretely behind her before almost absently handing it back to the waiting woman.>
Fr <smiling>: Well, let me tell you something: Traditional or contemporary, with a veil or without -- Let's get married as soon as possible, ok? <they exchange a longer, deeper kiss.>
S <putting up her hands to caress his face; smiling up at him>: Although you might doubt it, I also dream of that day, and I can't wait for it to arrive. <putting his hands up to cradle her face, Franco starts seriously kissing Sarita. but then the music changes and over their shoulders we see Faithless Tramp stalking into view, looking at the embracing couple with annoyed disbelief. Franco and Sarita seem to sense her arrival and they break off kissing. still holding her face, Franco turns his head, looking over his shoulder to see what Sarita is staring at. FT glares at him as if he were her husband that she had just caught cheating. Franco looks resigned, and Sarita a little embarrassed to be caught in such an intimate moment. his arm still around Sarita, Franco turns to face FT. obviously making an effort, FT pastes a smile on her face and tries to sound casually pleasant and unfazed, but the smile does not reach her eyes and there is a slight edge to her tone.>
FT: How are you both? <neither reply to her overture. Sarita clears her throat and looks at the floor, to her side, anywhere but at FT, while Franco glares right at FT with a hard grin on his face. there is an awkward pause as FT waits for her attempt to get through this potentially awkward meeting with some degree of civility to be acknowledged and returned in kind. seeing that it won't be, she dithers for a moment, then turns and wordlessly starts to walk away into the shop. (and let me just say here that i think it was poorly-done of both Franco and Sarita to virtually snub her without at least trying to match her effort at civility. if it were just the three of them alone, or they were at a private party, that might have been one thing. but they are in a public place, and it's already been made obvious that in the circles in which they all move in that town, they are bound to run into each other socially on any number of occasions. FT's behaviour, while not exemplary, was at least a stab at managing it without open hostility that would be embarrassing for all and i think it again shows that odd streak of generosity of spirit that makes us like FT even when we most want to hate her. a civil response would not have been mistaken by anyone for an invitation to be pals, but would have gone a long way toward showing that Sarita and Franco are beyond feeling threatened --or at least, pretending to feel beyond it. instead, by snubbing her they give her a reason to resume hostilities. very very poorly done, and unworthy of both of them.) Franco and Sarita don't say anything to each other. FT, meanwhile, having taken a few steps away from them, stops in her tracks. she thinks for a moment, then turns and strides purposefully back toward the couple. in a soft, but firm tone> Those with the slightest pretense to decency don't refuse to greet anyone!
S <obviously discomfited --she knows FT has a point, is unhappy at having to concede it, but is also too fair not to; nodding and meeting FT's gaze firmly>: You're quite right -- excuse us. The thing is, you caught us by surprise. <FT gives her a small smile. it's not friendly, but it is an acknowledgement of the apology.>
Fr <putting both arms protectively around Sarita, in a provocatively airy yet dismissive tone that skates thisclose to being rude>: We didn't expect to run into you, Rosario, but apparently it's very easy to come across you in the most unexpected places...! <he spared only a fleeting glance at FT at the beginning of his statement. by the end of it he had turned all his attention to Sarita, and he now nearly has his back to FT again (here in the US we do consider it rude to turn your back on someone, but i think it is considered particularly rude in Latin America. when i was in Chile i was constantly running into situations, particularly in crowds, where people i knew were apologizing for sitting/standing with their back to me when i knew they couldn't help it, so i'm guessing that Franco's doing it deliberately here is to add insult to injury. unfortunately, it also counteracts any 'good' done by Sarita's apology. and while i can understand Franco's feelings about FT and also his urge to 'prove' to Sarita just where his true feelings and loyalites lie, his actions were deliberately done in an attempt to put down FT, and so also badly done of him, in my opinion.) Franco starts to cuddle and kiss Sarita --who is still very discomfited-- ignoring FT dismissively.>
FT <trying not to show her annoyance, but also not in the mood to be dismissed like that>: You more than anyone, Franco, should know better...! (in Spanish, FT phrases this as a question of the 'how can you say that since especially you would know better?' variety, but maybe it's the heat in my apartment or the fact that i don't feel like doing my laundry -- i'm not coming up with a good, literal translation that makes it a question so have gone for the meaning in what she says instead and simply made it a statement.) <she stares right at him challengingly, daring him to contradict her. in the mirror we can see Betina looking a little worried, Sarita looking unhappy, and Franco looking derisive. uh, oh...>
Fr <looking back at her, but almost dismissively>: You know, I didn't know you were a client of this store...
FT <with a distinct edge to her voice>: Well, there you are! <to Franco, sarcastically 'pretending' to be concerned> Or by some chance is there a problem with my coming here...? <Sarita mutely glares at her; Franco rolls his eyes. FT continues, with patently false joviality.> Oh yeah, I sometimes forget that you're one of the owners, Franco..!
Fr <impatiently>: Yes, I don't need you to remind me --<taking his arms from around Sarita, he turns and takes a step toward FT> It's a public place and you can come as many times as you want....! Personally, it suits me that my clients should visit my establishments. <he glares at FT with an almost challenging half-smile on his face. FT glares back. Sarita almost shoulders her way between them to stand in front of Franco.>
S <in a firm, impersonal tone, clearly intended to cut through the charged atmosphere between Franco and FT, but with a bit of a challenge in her eyes>: Are you done with the dressing room now -- can I use it?
FT <with a distinct edge in her voice, talking to Sarita but looking at Franco>: It's all yours -- you can use it all you want, Sara! <Franco has put his arms around Sarita and is cuddling her to him as he half-smiles mockingly at FT. Sarita deliberately leans back into Franco's embrace and looks at FT as if saying, "You see? He is mine." Franco obligingly presses a kiss into the side of Sarita's neck as FT glares at the couple, tossing her hair over her shoulder with an annoyed shake of her head.> I don't need it any more!! <FT turns and stalks out of the room, leaving both Sarita and Franco standing there. Franco stares after her, looking slightly worried, while Sarita, as soon as she sees that this time FT isn't coming back, turns, looks at Franco, sees he's still staring off in the direction FT took, and walks around him with a preoccupied air.>

scene: Franco's jeep, en route back to the haciendas (remember: Sarita is still living at home at this point in the show)
<Franco and Sarita are both silent, staring straight ahead.>
Fr <taking a breath before breaking what looks like having been an awkward silence>: Are you upset from the encounter [with Rosario]?
S <shaking her head slightly>: I just wish I didn't feel anything when I see that woman! But I can't help it -- I really can't! She bothers me, and makes me nervous.
Fr: Well, the same thing happens to me. I don't know if I'm being paranoid, but it sometimes seems to me like she's following me -- I run into her in the most unexpected places.
S: That woman is so mean-spirited, my love! Above all you can tell that the only thing she wants to do is make me look bad to you.
Fr: Don't pay any more attention to her than you need to -- that woman is embittered and doesn't know what to do with her life!
S <correcting him>: Ay, she doesn't know what to do with YOU! Yes, since she couldn't wipe the floor with you, couldn't have her way with you, everything she tried came out wrong... that woman's become poisoned [by it] and the only thing she does is torment the whole world.
Fr: That's true! Starting with her husband, because she drives him crazy with jealousy...!
S: People like that are the cause of tragedies.
Fr: Are you scared?
S <after a moment's consideration>: Nah, I'm not scared... What I am, is very suspicious. I'm completely certain that that woman is after something. I'm don't know what, but I assure you that nothing good can come of it...!
Fr: No, it's very obvious: So long as that woman continues to sniff around us, we need to be very much on our guard -- very on our guard.

Where they are constantly interrupted

Franco's room

<Sarita, fully-dressed, backs suddenly into the room, laughing, the ends of Franco's tied bathrobe belt in her hand. she gives them a tug and Franco, in obedience to the summons, hops happily into the room toward her. he is soaking wet from head to toe, as if he has just gotten out of the shower or bath but didn't bother to even minimally towel himself dry. were it not for the belt tied around his waist, his robe would have fallen off by now; as it is, the top half of his robe hangs loose near his wrists, leaving his torso above the waist completely bare. he is holding his hands slightly out to his side as if for balance (not!) --clearly he has no intention of doing anything to cover himself up any more than the little he already is!!-- and he's smiling delightedly at Sarita.>
Sarita <laughing and trying to pretend to be Firm>: C'mere, you...! <he doesn't resist as she starts pulling the shoulders of his robe up so that he is wearing it the way its makers intended it to be worn.>
Franco <delightedly, with a laugh>: Ah-haaa!! <putting his hands on her waist and pulling her closer, he leans in and gives her a couple of kisses, which she returns happily even as her hands continue adjusting his robe.>
S <firmly, pushing him away>: Ok, that's enough -- it's getting late, yes it is, sir! We have to get going to the office! <finished arranging his robe, she makes an effort and turns away from him, taking a few purposeful steps into the room.>
Fr: Ok... <a big ol' goofy grin on his face, Franco follows a few haphazard steps behind her, staring hungrily at the back of her head as his hands absent-mindedly finish adjusting his bathrobe and belt.>
S <purposefully picking up a jacket and a shirt, each on hangers>: Well.
Fr <humoring her>: Well...? <approaching closer, his eyes never leaving Sarita, leaning a bit and craning his neck so that he can see her face, totally NOT focused on the clothing she is holding up for his consideration as she turns to face him.>
S <clearing her throat, then smiling brightly at him, brandishing the clothes, one in each hand>: What do you think of these -- how about this? <she holds up the shirt.> Do you like it?
Fr <tearing his gaze away from her to the clothing, in an almost absent-minded considering tone as he plucks the shirt from her hand and holds it up for a barely cursory inspection.> This one... is very nice... <he dismissively tosses the shirt to one side onto a chair or bureau or something, his eyes already back on Sarita's face. without taking his gaze from her, he takes the jacket from her hand and slightly raises it as if preparing to look at it.> This one is, too... <he dismissively drops it to one side (the floor!) without even giving it a passing glance: he's too busy looking at Sarita, all thoughts of clothing completely out of his head.> And this --! <he leans toward Sarita, quickly wrapping one arm around her waist, and pulls her into a kiss. she puts her arms around him and returns his caresses. without breaking their embrace, he smoothly lifts her off her feet and gives a half-turn, gently swinging her around so that he is now facing the bed and she has her back to it before lowering her back to the floor again. still hungrily kissing each other, Franco "walks" Sarita a few more steps to the end of the bed, where they stop and continue to kiss. they are so engrossed in what they are doing that neither notices when Quintina opens the door and starts into the room, a couple of large, fluffy towels in her hand. her attention on what she is carrying, Quintina doesn't at first see the embracing couple. a few steps into the room, however, she looks up, notices them, and abruptly stops short mid-step.>
Quintina <holding a hand up as if to discretely cover her eyes>: Ay, good heavens!! <her exclamation makes Franco and Sarita break off their embrace, both visibly startled. one arm still around Sarita, Franco turns to face Quintina as Sarita, half-embarrassed, half-not, tries to catch her breath.> Ay, I beg your pardons! It's just that I... I didn't realize...! <she fumbles for a suitable apology, totally flustered.>
Fr <interrupting her, good-humoredly, trying not to laugh>: No, you didn't know, Quintina...! Stop making such a fuss, and... Ok, please? <Sarita covers her mouth with one hand, trying hard not to giggle out loud at Franco's hint to Quintina to take herself off again.>
Q <more flustered than Franco or Sarita, brandishing the towels as her excuse>: Er, I'll come back later with the towels... <she shuffles awkwardly in place for a moment before starting to turn to leave.>
Fr <eager to be alone with Sarita again>: Ok. <but as he's saying this, Sarita overrides him.>
S <hastening toward Quintina, her arms outstretched to take the towels>: Ay, don't be an idiot, Quintina! Give those here...! <she pulls the towels out of Quintina's only slightly resisting hands and hurries back to rejoin Franco, still dripping as he stands where she left him by the end of the bed. Quintina's still flustered; Franco just looks like her wants her to leave already. Sarita's now trying to cover her embarrassment by offering explanations where none are really needed. Franco jiggles one leg impatiently, watching her approach.> What's all this about "later..."?! Can't you see that this poor guy was caught without a towel and I had to put his bathrobe on him...?! <she reaches around Franco to place the towels on the end of the bed. giving a soft, seductive moan, Franco --who still can barely keep his eyes off her, snakes out his arm to again catch her around the waist and pull her back against him, barely giving her a chance to let go of the towels. Sarita moans softly in response, and doesn't resist, but she does make a few reproving "behave yourself!" type faces at him. he doesn't pay any attention to her silent pleas.>
Fr <to Sarita, as he wraps his other arm around her waist and holds her tightly against him>: Hello... Are you alone? <he starts kissing her again, closing his eyes to savor the sensations. although acutely aware that Quintina is still in the room, Sarita can't help kissing him back. her hands behind her back, Quintina watches with some interest, but a bit embarrassed as well. as if wanting to make sure the coast is clear and they again have the room to themselves, Franco opens one eye and looks toward the door. at the same moment, Quintina coughs awkwardly, reminding the couple she hasn't left yet. Franco opens both eyes and raises his eyebrows in a mute question, as he and Sarita break off their embrace again. still in his arms, Sarita half-turns to look at Quintina over her shoulder, smiling shyly with pleasure and embarrassment.>
Q <shuffling in place, unsure>: Um, do you need anything else? <her tone is almost hopeful, as if she is looking for an excuse not to leave.>
Fr <grinning broadly, gesturing with one arm>: No, thank you very much, Quintina -- you're too kind! <his smile and gesture mutely encourage Quintina to take herself off out of the room post-haste.> Good-bye!
Q <backing out of the room slowly and apparently with some reluctance>: Excuse me.
Fr <still smiling, but with more obvious impatience>: It's ok.
Q <in the doorway and still reluctant to depart>: I'll come back shortly to tidy the room...
Fr: Thanksssss!
Q <taking forever to back through the doors and close them; with a hint of daring>: ...of course, after you've finished getting dressed...
Fr <more impatiently>: Thanks!!
Q <smiling fondly as she slowly starts to pull the doors closed, still looking at the couple>: With your permission, sir...!
Fr <briskly>: Good-bye! <he turns his attention back to Sarita, still cuddled in his arms. smiling broadly and fondly,>
Q <softly, like someone who can’t bear to hang up the phone>: See you later. <but Franco and Sarita don’t hear her. She watches them for a moment or two longer through the still partially-opened doors before softly pulling them all the way closed. Franco and Sarita share a chuckle, then he starts to kiss her again, but after a moment that is clearly too-brief for Franco, Sarita tries to pull away.>
S <muffled, he is still pressing kisses on her mouth>: I'm going... <obedient to the admonishing finger she is holding up against his cheek, Franco stops kissing her so she can talk. Sarita pulls herself out of his embrace and steps around the end of the bed to the side, reaching down to pick up the towels she'd dropped there.> ...to put the towels in the bathroom...
Fr <clearing his throat briefly before stepping around to intercept her before she can take more than a step or two toward the bathroom (and the short robe permits us to notice that Michel has a large tattoo of something on the outside of the fleshy part of his calf, for those who may be interested).> Instead of you organizing the towels in the bathroom... <he deftly slips his arms around her waist and starts walking her backwards toward the bed.> ...why don't we stay here and finish organizing... a bit... <without giving her a chance to reply, he starts kissing her again. they reach the edge of the bed and, putting one hand onto the bed to support himself as he supports her with his other arm, and still kissing her, he starts to lower Sarita onto the bed so she is lying across the pillows at the top. Sarita lets the towels fall back onto the bed, practically in the same place she'd dropped them before, her attention now on something far more interesting as she puts her hands up to caress him. but Franco has barely finished laying Sarita on the bed when there is another interruption: Dominga has silently opened the door and entered the room, carrying a tray with a full pitcher of orange juice and a full glass of orange juice.>
Dominga <smiling shyly>: Ay! Ay! my sainted stars! I was only coming to bring you this orange juice, don Franco...! <as Sarita closes her eyes and smiles in humorous resignation and Franco raises his own eyes upward as if asking "what now?!?" Dominga, hastily turning her head away in embarrassed confusion, proffers the tray toward Franco while simultaneously trying to back out of the room. but she's curious, too, and keeps peeping back at them as Franco and Sarita hastily scramble off the bed and to their feet.
Fr <trying to sound like he's appreciative rather than anxious for her to leave, but not quite managing either>: Um, leave it over there <waves a hand vaguely toward a small table near the door> -- I woke up really really thirsty, Dominga... thanks!
D <confidingly, as she carefully places first the pitcher, then the glass, on the little table>: I'm going to serve breakfast, so I'll see you both in the dining room, ok? <her tray now empty, she backs toward the door as Sarita and Franco, standing shoulder to shoulder, watch her to make sure she's leaving.> ...provided you're not busy, that is... <she is on the other side of the door now and has pulled it part-way shut, but is still peeping through it. Franco and Sarita are still both standing side-by-side, looking at her. Franco lifts one hand and waves, "bye-bye" at her in a friendly but unmistakable dismissal. Dominga softly pulls the door nearly all the way closed. alone again, Franco and Sarita turn back toward each other with a laugh. he puts his hands up to cradle her face and she puts her arms around his waist as they resume kissing each other. he again walks her back toward the bed and, this time bracing one arm on the headboard for support, he again lowers her onto the pillows, still kissing her. but this time it's Sarita who interrupts the embrace. no sooner has he finished laying her down on the bed than she stops kissing him. she pauses for a moment, looking at him wordlessly with a big smile, then wriggles out of his embrace so she can get up off the bed. Franco, grinning but with an "here she goes again!" sort of look on his face, doesn't try to stop her.>
Fr: Ayyyy... <a bit off-balance, he pulls himself up, grinning broadly.>
S <trying to sound firm>: I...
Fr <still grinning, in an encouraging tone, humoring her>: Uh-huh...
S <trying to sound businesslike and not slightly out of breath as she steps determinedly over toward the discarded shirts>: ...am going to go with you to the office...
Fr <getting to his feet and turning to follow her>: Uh-huh...
S <still a little breathless, fussing nervously with the one shirt, purposely not looking at Franco>:... because I might not be able to do so tomorrow and...
Fr <nearly right behind her, still humoring her>: Uh-huh...
S <exasperatedly realizing that her attempt to distract him isn't working>: ...and... get dressed already because it's getting late, my love...! <she turns, still trying to remonstrate with him but knowing it isn't really working. she can't look at him, because she knows what she'll see: Franco looking hungrily at her with zero thoughts of getting dressed in his eyes. he just reaches out and, putting his hands on her waist, gently pulls her toward him.>
Fr <not grinning any more, a focused look on his face and coaxing note in his voice as he lowers his face toward hers>: Why don't you wait a little bit, and give us a little kiss... <she's still won't meet his gaze and is trying to discourage him by not returning his embrace, but to no avail. he starts kissing her again anyway, as she knew he would. and of course she can't help kissing him back, for a moment.> And later...
S <muffled, he's still kissing her>: My love...
Fr <reluctantly breaking off his kisses for just a moment>: What? <his lips are mere centimeters from hers, ready to resume kissing as soon as she's said whatever she wants to say.>
S <almost despairingly, trying to reason with him, but with a smile>: Let's be prudent...! <as she's talking, he slowly lifts his head further away from hers, as if he knows she's not going to be so easily deterred. a smile starts to grow on his face in answer to the pleading, twinkling smile she is beaming at him.> Really...! <with a bit of a laugh in her voice> Look at the number of people who've been coming in...! <he's now grinning broadly at her and she's almost laughing now.> I feel so embarrassed -- they're going to think we spent the night together...!
Fr <taking her face between his hands and looking intently, tenderly at her>: Well, if the problem is what people might be thinking, then let's get married <his voice gets more intent> and that's the end of it -- right? <tilts his head, again focused on kissing her> Now, let's see... <once again starts kissing her, this time with an intensity she cannot help but respond to. this kiss is more heated, more demanding than the others have been, and both are completely caught up in it. and once again, they do not hear the door being opened and someone walking in.>
Eva <after a moment, having seen that they're oblivious to her arrival; apologetically, but businesslike, prefaced with a tiny, polite cough> Excuse me, both of you. <Sarita and Franco break off their kiss and both turn to look at her, Sarita’s almost stunned and Franco’s expression clearly saying, “Not AGAIN!!” but after a brief moment their senses of the absurd reassert themselves, and as Eva continues talking, they regain the good humor with which they'd treated the previous two interruptions. Eva smiles fondly at them both.> er... I didn't know you were here, Miss Sara. <there is a pause while Franco, still with his arm around Sarita, looks at the floor and scratches his head, while Sarita turns her face briefly into Franco's shoulder. then, as if they've mutely reached an agreement, Sarita gives Franco's hand a reassuring squeeze before she starts to step toward Eva; Franco watches her encouragingly yet with certain resignation. Eva, business folders in her arms, is standing her ground but with eyes downcast as if uncomfortable asserting herself so toward one of her former mistresses.>
S <walking over to Eva's side, in a gentle, reminding tone>: Now, what have I told you you're supposed to call me, Eva...? <Sarita smiles encouragingly at Eva and puts a friendly arm around the older woman's shoulders.>
E <looks as if she's still working on getting her head around the concept, with a resigned chuckle, acknowledging an oft-repeated lesson>: "Sarita..!"
S <with a quick smiling glance at Franco>: Ah-haaa! < turns back to Eva; approvingly>: That's much better! <she gives Eva's shoulders an affectionate rub and plants a soft kiss on the side of Eva's head. then, with a small sigh, turns and steps back toward Franco, who in turns saunters forward to meet her halfway. in a resigned, brisk tone, clearing her throat to show her determination> Well, my little love...
Fr: What?
S <fussing with his lapels>: I'm going to go over some papers... that you... <uncaring of Eva's presence and once again focused only on Sarita, Franco plants a quick kiss on her lips, trying to distract her out of this businesslike mode and back into tune with his amorous mood.> ...have to present today in the office, ok...? <she shakes an admonishing finger at him as he makes a "yes" sort of noise.> But... <he kisses her again.> ...I need to... <she urgently waves her hands "no!" at him and mouths "NO MORE!" between her words as he swoops in to kiss her yet again.> ...need to get together with you later to discuss something, and I'll see you in the dining room, ok?
Fr <realizing he's not going to have his way, this time>: Fine. <Sarita gives him a quick kiss that he returns almost mechanically and follows it with a blinding grin, just for him, before she turns and hurries past Eva and out of the room, leaving Franco standing in the middle of the room, his hands behind his back, grinning after her as she leaves, and Eva somewhat abashedly standing near the door, facing him, still holding the folders. the moment Sarita's firmly pulled the door shut behind us, Franco stops grinning and looks down at Eva with a "spoilsport" look in his eyes. she looks steadily back at him, her head cocked to one side with a slight air of reproof.> We didn't sleep together, Eva... <waves a hand "no" for emphasis.> ...it's nothing like it looked -- seriously.
E <complacently, with a small Eva-esque smile>: I'm perfectly aware of that -- you don't have to give me any kind of an explanation! <she turns her attention to the folders still clasped in her arms, and continues in a more businesslike tone.> I've brought you the most recent receipts for the month <she starts to hold out the folders and step toward him.> with their respective checks. <she hands the folders to him. teasingly in a mock-reproof.> I hope you don't forget them somewhere...!
Fr <taking the folders from her, with a little mock-bow; in an ironic tone>: Thank you! <Franco smiles a small, ironic grin at Eva as she turns and heads toward the door. as she opens it and heads out, she casts a quick, smiling, "you don't fool me" type glance of reminder over her shoulder at Franco before exiting and shutting the door softly but firmly behind her. he's still standing, holding the folders up in one hand, just as he was when he first took them from her. but as soon as she's safely on the other side of the door, his grin fades to a more enigmatic, slightly frustrated, slightly confused, slightly exasperated look. Franco half drops, half tosses the folders to the floor as he turns to lean over the small table to prop his chin in one hand, absently scratching his head, bemused, reminiscing, regretting, yearning.>

At the corral.

translated transcript of the Franco/Sarita dialogue from the start of tonight's episode, Wed 21 July 2004.

(song lyrics as Franco drives up and gets out of his Jeep, and Sarita gets off her horse and walks over to him:

Baila, baila, baila con pasión!
Baila a ésta canción!
Goza, goza, goza en la emoción
Que te da el amor!

Solo una mirada ilusionada
Cuando suba el sol
Para perder toda
La razón!*

loosely translated:
Dance, dance, dance with passion
Dance to this song!
Revel, revel, revel in the feeling
Love gives you!

[It needs] Only a dazed look
When the sun rises
To [make you] lose yourself
[In it all]*!

*a couple notes from your humble translator: i'm not sure i heard the underlined parts of that last verse correctly, so the translation might be slightly more off than i'm hoping; "perder toda la razón" literally means to lose all your reason/sense/wits or to go out of your mind, but the meaning here is more in the sense of going nuts from delight or from being in love, which is why i included the original Spanish, translated the line the way i did, and think it's so particuarly apt to Sarita and Franco -- they are so happy together it's like they each go nuts from delight when they're together, and we're seeing that more and more all the time with these two. of course, that's just my take on it -- YMMV.)

Franco <a bit peeved>: By the looks of it, you've decided in favor of working on the hacienda and are going to give up working for me in the office, right?
Sarita <reasonably>: No, no, no...! I'm just helping out Juan until he gets out of hospital -- it's my duty, <placatingly> don't you think?
Fr <firmly>: No, I don't think so at all! Juan's got Dawgario, [and] he's got all the new ranch hands who came from the Elizondo hacienda, miss!
S <laughing at him, teasing>: ...And you have got Eva, and all the THOUSANDS of employees who are at your disposition! Isn't that enough for you? <grabbing him by the lapels and pulling him toward her> C'mere, mister, and stop being so selfish... <stops teasing, starts pleading> ...and let me stay [working] here for a few days...! You know how I love this type of work!
Fr <still pretending to be aggrieved>: And you don't miss me? Do you care more for those... <turns his head to look at the paddock behind him for a moment before turning back to focus on her again> ...horses...?!
S <pretending to consider the matter>: Well, let's see... They're strong... <he nods his head somberly and makes an encouraging sound as she ticks off each point in the horses' favor, as if agreeing with her reasoned argument> ...yes, and they're gorgeous... but... <she stops abruptly.>
Fr <looking at her with a smile in his eyes but still pretending to humor her>: But what?
S <can't keep it up any longer, she breaks into another of her blinding smiles in response to the one twinkling in his eyes; with a laugh>: Ahhhh... <he laughs with her, encouraging her, waiting for her to continue> ...but none has such beautiful eyes as you have!
Fr <grinning broadlly, but still playing along>: Ah-haaaaa!
S <softly, smiling up at him>: Yes, nor do they whisper lovely things in my ear.
Fr <trying to be serious, taking her face between his hands>: I'm going to give you some big kisses, to see if you prefer the horses or me. <and he does give her some kisses. and she gives him some back.>

With Rosario in the hospital.

<hospital hallway, next to a water cooler>
Sarita <as she draws herself a small cup of water from the cooler that she then sips from periodically throughout the conversation>: My love, do you think we're doing the right thing coming here to visit Rosario?
Franco: Yes, my love -- the best thing to do is to face it. She probably has something to tell us, you know?
S: Yes, now that I think it over, there's no reason for us to run away as if we were resentful or afraid... <pause> ...and it's good to know she's out of danger, right?
Fr: No-one has told us that.
S: What did Panchita tell you...?
Fr: She told me that Rosario wanted to talk to us and... well, that's pretty much it.
S: Ok, ok... please God she's getting better. I would feel really uncomfortable knowing her life is still in danger. <she takes a final sip from the little cup of water she drew. Franco takes the little cup from her and finishes off the water, then puts the cup down and reaches for her hand, saying "Let's go." they walk away down the hall.>

<rounding the corner into another hallway, still holding hands, they come across Dr Demento.>
Dr Demento <stepping forward to greet them>: Hello, kids -- what a surprise to run into you!
Fr <shaking his hand>: It's good to see you, Doctor, how have you been?
DD: Working, as usual. Well, I imagine you're here to see Rosario Montes...
S: That's right. She had someone call us, and we're here, willing to hear what she has to say.
DD <pointing behind him>: That's her room. But do me a favor... Don't stay with her too long because she's not allowed have visitors. Right now only one friend of hers is authorized to see her.
Fr: We won't stay long, Doctor, really. <Panchita comes down the hall behind the doctor.>
Panchita <in a relieved, grateful tone of voice>: Franco -- Sarita...!
DD <turning to face Panchita, with a slightly pompous air>: Miss, these people are going to see Rosario Montes. You will remember that she should not have too many visitors, ok?
P: Yes, Doctor, no problem.
DD <to Panchita>: Good. <turning, nodding his head to Franco and Sarita> Excuse me.
Fr <to Dr Demento>: Thanks.
P <to Franco and Sarita>: Thanks very much for coming -- truly, thanks very much. Go on in... <Franco and Sarita nod their heads and silently file past her.>

<FT's room>
<Franco and Sarita quietly enter the room and approach the bed. they stand next to it, his arm around her shoulders.>
Fr <quietly>: Rosario... Rosario... <FT turns her head and slowly opens her eyes.>
S: Hello, Rosario... how do you feel?
FT <groggily, painfully>: Pleased... to see you both. I started to think you wouldn't come.
Fr: There's no reason for us to refuse, Rosario...
FT: Of course there are [reasons], and you both know it very well. I know I'm not someone you two really want to see -- I know it.
S: No, Rosario, no -- don't think about that right now. And please don't strain yourself. We know that you're still in very serious condition.
FT: Yes... and it's possible I won't recover... I know it.
Fr <taking his arm from around Sarita's shoulder so he can use both hands to brace himself on the edge of the bed as he leans in toward her. Sarita, still very close beside him, also leans forward a bit toward FT>: No, Rosario, don't think that. You're going live, and you're going to get better very soon.
FT: Well, but if I don't, there are things I want you both to know. I don't want to die without saying them -- I wouldn't rest in peace. <Sarita looks on, compassionately; Franco wipes his eyes, several times.>
Fr <a bit teary-eyed>: Rosario...
FT: Franco, I wanted you like no-one else... I loved you -- sincerely and from the heart... without strings. Without traps. But I failed... I failed, Franco, because I wasn't accustomed to loving like that. Sarita, forgive me... Do you want me to stop [talking]...?
S <gently>: Rosario, if you feel better for saying it, then do it -- get it off your chest.
FT: My whole life I've been unstable and selfish with my relationships. I couldn't stand to lose, and even less feeling rejected by someone. And that's why... I went after you again, Franco...
Fr <uncomfortable>: Rosario -- You don't need to continue. We've already discussed this several times and I think we've come to an agreement, so...
FT <upset>: Yes, but I didn't accept it..! I didn't accept it, Franco! And that was my big mistake. I had to go through this big tragedy in order to admit it and feel ashamed of myself like this -- with you, with Sarita, and especially with myself!!
S <soothingly>: Rosario... Rosario, please -- don't upset yourself. Look, be completely assured that Franco and I understand you perfectly.
FT: That may be, Sarita, but you shouldn't forgive me so easily. Because of my thoughtlessness, my fault, I caused something -- something terrible...!
Fr <his arm back around Sarita, but still leaning in toward FT>: Rosario, you are right about that, but, thankfully, Sarita and I came through it unscathed.
S: And... Look, we don't have anything to forgive you for, Rosario. What's more, if you need help, we are willing to give it to you.
FT <starting to get upset again>: If... If only someone could! But it's too late now -- nothing and no-one can give Armando his life back! <she starts to cry.>
Fr: Rosario... We're really sorry about what happened, and truly...
S: Rosario, please...
FT <getting hold of herself>: Relax, don't worry about me. I just wanted to see you both and wish you the best of luck. I am sure you're going to be together always -- I know it... <her voice trails off in a sigh as her eyes close and she stops talking altogether. there is a short pause while Franco and Sarita wait to see if she's going to open her eyes again and say anything else, but she just lies there.>
S <concerned>: Rosario...?
Fr: Ro- Rosario? <Dr Demento comes in.>
DD <cheerfully, shutting the door behind himself>: How are you all doing?
Fr <dashing over to him>: Doctor -- Doctor!
DD <hurrying over to FT, Franco on his heels>: What's happened?
Fr: We were talking to her and suddenly she just closed her eyes. Examine her, ok? <Dr Demento checks the machines, then puts his fingers on her neck to feel her pulse, checking his watch for a moment, as Franco and Sarita watch anxiously.>
S <tentatively>: What... what's happening, Doctor?
DD <gravely>: The inevitable... <Franco and Sarita exchange horrified glances before looking back at Dr Demento, as if they can't believe he can be so calm.> The sedative we gave her has just taken effect. Now our patient will sleep deeply and will make a quick recovery... <Franco and Sarita look incredibly relieved. he looks up and sees this, and his voice takes on a slight tone of amusement.> What were you thinking...? Don't think the worst! If God wills it, we're going to have Rosario Montes around for a long time! <Franco and Sarita hug each other in relief (and really, i think Dr Demento played that nasty little trick on them deliberately. then again, i was never very fond of him anyway, and this is just another little reason showing i was right...!).>

Ogo! Cik liels citaats! :D

rubi написал(а):

Ogo! Cik liels citaats!

Nolēmu ielikt kaut ko vienu no viņiem, bet tad nolēmu - ko tur vairs - ielikšu visu, kas man ir. Kādreiz fanoju un to visu lasīju ar asarām acīs un katru dienu pārlasīju. Pēc šiem angliskajiem tulkojumiem pēc tam spēju saprast pilnīgi visu, ko viņi abi runā, kad video skatījos.

skaidrs, bet ta ka es serialu neredzeju, negribu paragru lasit spoilerus, labak nedaudz velaak noskatiishos telenoveli un tikai tad peec laika paarlasiishu. ;)

Njaa  :O  ljoti '' mazinjsh '' citaats :D

Sorrry, tālāk par pirmo es netiku.. :D bet pirmais.. man patīk. :D

Nu tagad nogurušās galvas dēļ netieku pie skaidras lasīšanas, bet jau iepriekš -PALDIES! Un es to patiešām novērtēju.  :D

albalonga написал(а):

Dialogi ilgai lasīšanai...

tieshi taaa.... :swoon:  :wacko:  tu jau zini, albaloga, kaada es esmu liela lasiitaaja...  :russian:

Вы здесь » TelenovelesLV » Nedēļas citāts » 33. nedēļas 2007 citāts ir...