TelenovelesLV

Объявление

Failu hostings
Raksti/intervijas latviešu valodā, galerijas, video un pārējās sadaļas pieejamas fanu kluba biedriem!!!!
Tulkotie materiāli latviešu valodā ir fanu klubs īpašums!

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » TelenovelesLV » Aktrises un aktieri » Rain (Bi)/ 비

Rain (Bi)/ 비

Сообщений 1 страница 20 из 30

[реклама вместо картинки]

* Name: 비 / Bi (Rain)
    * Also known as: Rain (West) / Pi (Japan)
    * Nickname: Dog (Collie)
    * Profession: Actor, singer, model and dancer
    * Birthdate: 1982-June-25
    * Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
    * Height: 184cm
    * Weight: 75kg
    * Star sign: Cancer
    * Blood type: RH+O
    * Family: Father and younger sister Hanna
    * Talent agency: J. Tune Entertainment, William Morris (http://www.wma.com) (U.S.)

TV Series

* Four Seasons 사계 (SBS, 2009)
    * A Love To Kill (KBS2, 2005)
    * Banjun Drama (SBS, 2005)
    * Full House (KBS2, 2004)
    * Sang Doo, Let's Go To School (KBS2, 2003)
    * Orange / 오렌지 (http://tv.sbs.co.kr/orange) (SBS, 2002)

Movies

* Ninja Assassin(2009)
    * Speed Racer (http://speedracerthemovie.warnerbros.com/cmp/main.html) (2008)
    * I'm a Cyborg, but It's Ok (http://www.cyworld.com/cyborg2006) (2006)

Trivia

* Education: Kyung Hee University (Post Modern Music Department)
    * Languages: Korean, Mandarin, and English
    * Skill: Dance
    * Debut: In May 13, 2002 as a singer with his first album Bad Guy / 나쁜 남자
    * Bi created his own company under the name J. Tune Entertainment in 2007.

Name

As the word for "rain" is different in many languages, he is known by a variety of names. In Europe and the US, he is known by the English word Rain. In Korea he is known as 비, romanized as Bi and pronounced as the letter B in English.

Biography

Early life

Rain was born in Seoul. He became interested in R&B and Hiphop dancing in the 6th grade. As an adolescent, he was a member of a boy band called Fanclub. The group was short-lived, and soon disbanded. Rain then began auditioning for various talent agencies. In a CNN interview, however, he recalled being repeatedly rejected because of his looks: "In fact, I was told after one audition that my singing and dancing was great but I didn't make it because I didn't have double eyelids."Finally, Rain entered an audition for Korean talent agency JYP Entertainment. Park Jin Young, the CEO of the agency, took a personal interest in Rain and accepted him as a trainee. During the early years of training, Rain was a backup dancer.

In 2002 he debuted with the album Bad Guy where he was introduced to the media through his stage name, Rain. The album's title single Bad Guy was a hit. After his first album, he took time off from his career as a singer to star in the drama series, Sang Doo! Let's Go To School. Following the success of his debut as singer and actor, Rain released his second album How to Avoid The Sun, and had another hit with the title song "Ways to Avoid the Sun."

In 2004, he starred in another successful drama called "Full House", which was one of the highest-rated Korean dramas of all time with ratings of over 30% for every episode It was broadcasted in many other countries including the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, China, Japan, Taiwan and the U.S. Through Full House, Rain was recognized across Asia. His performance in the drama also won him the Best Actor Award at the KBS Acting Awards.

International recognition

His third album It's Raining sold over 1 million copies in Asia. According to a report by Rain's previous agency JYP Ent. to the Korea Culture & Content Agency, It's Raining topped the charts in all of the following countries as of December 29th, 2005: Japan (100,000 copies), China (500,000 copies), Taiwan (70,000 copies), Thailand (150,000 copies), Indonesia (50,000 copies), and South Korea (154,000 copies), for a combined total of 1,074,000 units sold, making it Rain's most successful album to date both domestically and internationally.His first concert, Rainy Day, held in Korea and Japan, was sold out the first day tickets became available.

In 2004, Rain earned greater recognition by winning the MTV Asia Grand Slam, securing top honors in all the Asian countries which broadcast MTV Asia. Rain won the Favorite Korean Artist at the 2005 MTV Asia Aid held in Bangkok, the Most Popular Asian Artist Award from Channel [V] Thailand, the Best Buzz Asia Award during the MTV Video Music Awards Japan 2005 (He won Best buzz ASIA as well as Orange Range and Stefanie Sun.) and the Best Korean Singer award in the MTV-CCTV Mandarin Music Honors in Beijing. Rain was also the first Asian performing artist everto be invited to the 2005 American MTV Video Music Awards in Miami, as well as the 2005 MTV Latin Video Music Awards in Mexico. These accomplishments earned Rain a lot of media attention, including interviews with Time Asian Edition and CNN Talk Asia. Rain also won the Best Korean Singer Award 2005 at the Mandarin Music Honors in Taiwan.

Rain then went on his RAINY DAY 2005 Tour, starting in Seoul and followed by Tokyo and Hong Kong; due to his fame and his extravagant performances, tickets sold out quickly. His first solo concert in Japan last summer, entitled Rainy Day Japan held at the Tokyo International Forum, was so popular that all the tickets were sold out 30 seconds after going on sale.The tickets for another of his concerts in Taiwan were sold out the moment they became available also. His performances in Hong Kong also sold out in a couple of hours. Rain continues to set records in Asia. Now planning to go beyond Japan and Hong Kong, Rain will make a foray into China by giving a concert in Beijing.

In April 2006, he was mentioned in the Time magazine website article that named the "100 Most Influential People Who Shape Our World." In 2007, Rain topped Time Magazine's online user poll, although he was not in the magazine's actual list. He has an ongoing joke feud with Stephen Colbert for the top spot. He also made it into People's 2007 list of the "Most Beautiful People" in the world.

Fame in the United States

Time magazine noted that Rain may collaborate in the future with Diddy. This came after reviewing Rain's performances in Madison Square Garden in February 2006. His two day concert, Rainy Day New York was marketed and promoted by the Asian concert production company Rainstone Live. Tickets were sold out within a matter of days.

Special guests who made stage appearances at the concert included American pop singer JoJo, R&B singer Omarion, and hip-hop mogul Diddy.

There is also news that Rain will be recording a duet with Omarion, who used to be the vocalist of the popular hip-hop group, B2K, and had starred in the movie, You Got Served. When Rain's first movie, I'm a Cyborg, But That's OK, finished filming in early July 2006, he departed for the U.S. to discuss the possibility of singing the duet with Omarion, and to meet with the organizers of his Asian Tour. Rain apparently met Omarion through his producer, who had written a song for Omarion's recent album. Also, after Rain's concert in February in New York - where Omarion danced to Rain's song "Bad Guy" - Omarion and Rain became friends, says JYP Entertainment. They also noted that the two may star in a movie together one day.

Omarion and Rain recorded a duet song, "Man Up," that was released on the European version of Omarion's album 21 as a bonus track. The song has yet to be released in the U.S. due to contractual issues between several record labels.

In 2007, Rain made it to People's Most Beautiful People list for the first time, in its "First-Time Beauties 2007" section. In a press release, Rain stated that he was honored to be on the list, and also noted that it will be a great boost to his efforts to raise his public awareness in the United States. Also in 2007, Rain topped Time's open online poll. He beat Stephen Colbert by 100,000 votes; Colbert jokingly retaliated by producing a parody of Rain's music video for "Ways to Avoid the Sun" called "He's Singin' In Korean". Stephen Colbert has since challenged Rain to a dance-off "or a cuddle-off, or a spoon-off". On May 5, 2008, Rain appeared in a "surprise" guest segment at the end of The Colbert Report, and proceeded to engage Stephen in a dance-off. In the end, Rain won by causing the Dance Dance Revolution machine on which they were competing to overload and explode.

Rain performed in two concert dates in Las Vegas, Nevada on December 23-24, 2006; the tickets to these concerts sold out within the first week of sales. The concerts were held at the Colosseum Center at Caesars Palace.

World tour and beyond

Rain's fourth album, Rain's World was released in Korea on October 14, 2006.

His Rain's Coming Tour began on December 15, 2006 at Jamsil Stadium in Seoul, and was scheduled to continue through 2007 to the following countries: Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, United States and Canada. His tour incorporated the talents of producers and stage designers (such as Jamie King and Roy Bennett) who have been involved with the concert tours of famous artists such as U2, Michael Jackson, Ricky Martin, Madonna, Britney Spears, and The Rolling Stones. Ticket sales were expected to be over US$100 million, but that never happened.

His latest concert was at the Tokyo Dome on 25 May 2007 which attracted nearly 40,000 people. The Tokyo Dome is the largest auditorium in Japan. Rain was the first Korean artist to perform at the Tokyo Dome.

On his latest World 2007 tour, his scheduled concerts in Shanghai, Toronto, San Francisco and Hawaii were cancelled, followed by the last concert in Los Angeles. The latter event at the Staples Center was canceled only two hours prior to opening: Rain's producer blamed the situation on financial problems with the local producer, and the local promoter blamed Star M, calling them "incompetent to handle the situation."

Legal troubles

Rain, together with JYP and the tour promotor, are currently being sued by Honolulu promoter Click Entertainment for more than a million dollars, after his concert was cancelled there and the promoters were not refunded the $500,000 licensing fee.. The company claims that Rain never intended to perform in Hawaii. The suit also claims that Rain and his Korea-based promoters "sought to defraud the general public by aggrandizing and exaggerating the scope of the 'Rain's Coming' world tour."

In February 2007, Rain and his former management agency JYP Entertainment as well as concert organizer Star M Corporation were sued over copyright infringement of the stage name "Rain," by the U.S. recording firm Rain Corporation; the company, which works with an American band also called "Rain," demanded that he drop the English name in the United States. The U.S. concert dates were postponed due to the controversy over his stage name. In June 2007, the lawsuit ended because the Nevada court provided no evidence indicating that Rain Corporation would suffer any actual harm, but the court canceled the "Rain's Coming to Los Angeles Concert". Since the filing of the lawsuit, Rain's U.S. concert promotional posters had been changed to "Ji-hoon's World Tour 2007"; however, Rain may continue using "Rain's Coming World Tour." It is still unknown when Rain will resume his U.S concert tour.

J. Tune Entertainment (Formerly known as the Rainy Entertainment)

In November of 2007, Rain told the Korean media that he has left JYP Entertainment for good and has started his own entertainment company called J. Tune Entertainment (formerly known as Rainy Entertainment). He will be positioned as the CEO of the company, but told the media that he still keeps in touch with his mentor and his long time trainer Park Jin Young.

Discography

Bad Guy (1st full-length Korean album)

* Released: May 13, 2002
    * Format: Cassette, CD
    * Label: Daeyoung AV
    * Producer: JYPE
    * Chart position: #9 KOR Monthly, #45 KOR Year-End (2002)
    * Sales: KOR: 143,414

How To Avoid The Sun (2nd full-length Korean album)

* Released: October 16, 2003
    * Format: Cassette, CD
    * Label: Daeyoung AV
    * Chart position: #6 KOR Monthly, #19 KOR Year-End (2003)
    * Sales: KOR: 166,731

It's RAINing (3rd full-length Korean album)

* Released: October 8, 2004
    * Format: Cassette, Enhanced CD
    * Label: Seoul Records
    * Chart position: #3 KOR Monthly, #17 KOR Year-End (2004); #15 JPN, #489 JPN Year-End (2005)
    * Sales: KOR: 202,764, JPN: 26,246
    * Certification: KOR: n/a, JPN: none

Eternal Rain (1st full-length Japanese album made for the Japanese market)

* Released: September 13, 2006
    * Format: CD, CD+DVD, CD+DVD+T-shirt
    * Label: King Records
    * Chart position: #14 JPN, #573 JPN Year-End (2006)
    * Sales: JPN: 18,569
    * Certification: JPN: none
    * Singles: "Sad Tango", "Free Way", "Move On"

Rain's World (4th full-length Korean album)

* Released: October 13, 2006
    * Format: Cassette, CD, CD+DVD, CD+DVD+Diary
    * Label: Seoul Records
    * Chart position: #1 KOR Monthly, #17 KOR Year-End (2006); #57 JPN
    * Sales: KOR: 108,179
    * Certification: KOR: n/a, JPN: none

By Belinda Goldsmith

BEIJING (Reuters) - South Korean pop sensation Rain has vowed to keep acting and trying to break into the U.S. market despite his debut Hollywood movie, "Speed Racer," crashing at the box office.

Rain is one of Asia's top-selling musicians and a fan favorite in TV dramas but he has struggled for U.S. fame despite being named as one of Time magazine's 100 most influential people in 2006 and in People magazine's beautiful people list last year.

This summer, Rain, 26, tested the U.S. waters again with a role in the big-budget $150 million Warner Bros. movie "Speed Racer," but the film failed to ignite audiences with its American debut weekend only pulling in about $18 million.

But Rain said this would not put him off. He has already filmed his next movie, "Ninja Assassins," again by the Wachowski brothers, best known for "The Matrix" trilogy.

"Regardless of its ratings, Speed Racer was my first movie and I think it is meaningful that I get to meet the Wachowski brothers who I really admire," Rain told Reuters in an interview at the Beijing Olympics where he was a guest of Games sponsor Samsung.

"Right now I'm only focused on Ninja Assassin which is very important for me and is coming out early next year. I have plans to star in other movies but there is nothing confirmed yet."

Rain, whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon, has starred in TV dramas and movies in South Korea and played to sold-out concerts across Asia, where his boy-next-door image has won him legions of fans across language barriers.

But a series of concerts planned for the United States fizzled out last year because of promotional problems.

Rain, who sings largely in Korean and is working on another album for Asian fans, acknowledged he had yet to gain wide recognition in the United States or Europe, but said he was working on it.

"If I do a lot more activities and I do my best I believe a lot more people will recognize me," said the singer, dressed in tight jeans and white-and-silver pointed shoes.

"I can introduce more Western people to my movies and my songs and this type of interview as well will help me cement my name on the global stage," said Rain as he headed out to greet hundreds of screaming fans.

Today, he attended a Samsung party (at Olympic Park) and met with his beloved Clouds in Beijing. Leaving his long hair and bowl cut behind, he now sports a shorter cropped look.
On the subject of whether Rain will be singing at the Olympics closing ceremony, J. Tune Entertainment announced that it is just a rumour.
Rain will remain in China until 24 August and will return to Korea after the summer Olympics.

source: kpopped

World star Rain will have a surprise concert on the last day of Beijing Olympics. So this was the reason why Rain has shown up at Beijing!

It is known that he has been preparing for this short concert in secret. He is representing Korea while other stars from other countries represent their's. This joint concert is to encourage unity in Asia.

China is expecting more than 91,000 people to attend the concert as well as the rest of the world to view their performance. 68 Chinese stars are also performing for China's nationality and Placido Domingo, one of the 3 tenors will sing the Olympics theme song with a Chinese female singer for China and the World's unity.

source: cynews
translated by: hancinema

Tikko redz'eju Rain Olimpisko sp'e'lu nosl'egum'a. Yeah!
Beidzot es viņu redzu kaut kur izņemot drāmu un vecus ierakstus! Yeah!

Rain Says Closing Ceremony Performance Was 'Electrifying', Monday August 25, 2008 Korea
Singer and actor Rain performed "Beijing, I Love Beijing" with popular Chinese entertainers during the closing ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympics held at the Main Olympic Stadium, or the "Bird's Nest," on August 24. Rain performed with popular singers Wang Lee Hom, Kelly Chen and Han Xue.

The following is an excerpt from an interview with Rain right after the performance:

Q. When did you get the offer to perform in the closing ceremony?

A. A year ago, I was asked to perform with an American artist. Later, they changed the theme to "Asian Unity" and decided to invite Chinese singers to perform. The organizing committee asked me to represent Korea. I later heard that film director Zhang Yimou, who was the artistic director for both the opening and closing ceremonies, recommended me. The plan was finalized four months prior to the Olympics, and I met with the singers a month before to record all the songs. We sang two lines each and sang the chorus together.

Q. You've performed in numerous large-scale concerts throughout your career, but isn't this your first time performing in front of 90,000 audience members and billions of TV viewers?

A. I performed in front of 40,000 audience members during my Beijing concert. However, my heart started pounding at the thought of having to sing in front of 90,000 people from all over the world and the sheer size of the whole performance. Each and every one of the singers I performed with on the evening of the closing ceremony was extremely passionate. Athletes became one and enjoyed the whole party. I felt electrified and excited at the same time. It's been a huge honor.

KBS Global

Vēlāk ielikšu bildes ar Rain in Beijin closing ceremony

Jauki. Lai gan viņš man nu tā ne īpaši, bet prieks par viņu un prieks, ka mēs zinām, kāds viņš izskatījās komēdijā Full House, a tagad viņu vai puse pasaules redzēja

albalonga написал(а):

kāds viņš izskatījās komēdijā Full House, a tagad viņu vai puse pasaules redzēja

aha! Es nevarēju sagaidīt lai uzzinātu vai patiešām viņš būs ceremonijā vai nē. Man pat āsa speciāli zvanīja lai pateiktu ka viņš tur ir!:D:D:D TAs bija smieklīgi!

Rain Produces Special Comeback Show with MBC, Thursday August 28, 2008 Korea

Singer Rain will take part in producing a special program with MBC to celebrate his return to the K-pop scene. Rain plans to release his much-anticipated special album in October.

The special program featuring Rain is expected to be similar to Seo Taiji's comeback special which was broadcast earlier this month.

The program will last for one hour and will feature live performances and interviews. MBC is currently negotiating with Rain's management agency JTune Entertainment to air the show sometime in October.

Following his performance during the closing ceremony of the 2008 Beijing Olympics, Rain told Yeonhap News Agency during a phone interview that he is confident about his new album.

Rain, who produced the album himself, said it took a long time for him to prepare and record the album, which is in its final stage of production. The singer added that the special album includes many of the songs he wrote himself and that some of them are in English.

The album will be released all over Asia as well as other countries with a sizeable Asian K-pop market. Rain plans to release a wordwide album early next year following the release of "Ninja Assassin," a Hollywood blockbuster film starring Rain.

source: kbs global

Rain is back, Wednesday August 27, 2008 Korea

Topstar Rain is coming back to Korea with a special performance on MBC this October for his new image and new album.

MBC and Rain are in the midst of planning the event, and because he is such a "special" star, he will have an extra special show. It is reported that one million dollars and one hour of the attendee's life will be wasted on this performance. Rain is actually producing his own album with an amateur composer. He started recording in mid-July right after the shooting of Ninja Assassin.

source: allkpop

Rain becomes the wedding singer

For his right hand man, Jo Dong Won's wedding, the World Star sang at the wedding. The wedding was held at the Lotte Hotel in Sogong-dong, Seoul on the 30 August.

Rain sang the song from his "It's Raining" album - I DO. Rain also requested that Jo the bridegroom kissed his bride (11 years his junior) when Bi sang the chorus. Which he obligingly did.

Rain has mentioned more than once that he is looking for the right woman to marry. He would love to have a wife cook him his favourite dish kimchi jjigae (kimchi stew) and a daughter who looks just like her mother.

source: StarNews, SPN, RainWorld café
translations: kpopped

Chinese composer hearts Rain’s body

Guan Zhe (关喆), composer of “Beijing Beijing I Love Beijing” recently uploaded a picture of Rain and himself as a post-celebratory post on his blog, rounding off his participation in the grand event. He praised the international star for his perseverance and his rock hard body.

The fascinated composer stated “Rain’s triceps are just too big, I seriously have to start working on mine.”

source: seoulbeats

Rain is in a new commercial film
Rain has filmed a new commercial film. It is known that the world star is getting lovecalls from various directors wanting to cast him in Hollywood films! One movie is an action film and another is a romantic comedy. I think he would be great in both! Nothing is definite but he is putting under consideration to start a new film soon. Rain is currently working on his new album where he has composed 6 to 7 songs. This new album is totally different from other albums because he put in his own color into this album.

source: cynews
translations: hancinema

Release date set for Ninja Assassin, kind of, Monday September 1, 2008 Korea

On August 30, Rain attended the wedding of a rep for his company, JTune Entertainment, at Lotte Hotel, so naturally the press took the chance to ask him about his career plans. Rain spoke of his second Hollywood outing (having previously acknowledged that the first try, Speed Racer, was “a failure”): “Ninja Assassin has been set for a worldwide release in March 2009.”

The reporters picking up this story note that this is the “first concrete news of its release date.” Which isn’t exactly true. Sorry to tell you, Rain, but the Interwebs has already known for a while, and it contradicts you: Various other sites (Imdb, Wikipedia) list the film for a January 16, 2009, premiere. (If you Google for yourselves, every English-language source lists that January date, although I’m sure it only takes one person getting it wrong to spread misinformation.) And it’s not that Korea gets a different premiere date; the film is slated for a simultaneous worldwide release, according to Rain.

In any case, Rain is busy at work on his full-length “Asia special” album, as well as planning a “comeback show” to air on MBC. He leaves for the U.S. in September to do post-production ADR (recording) work on Ninja Assassin, and there have even been rumors he’s considering a new drama role. (For a while, there were whisperings that he’d co-star in a drama with Jeon Ji-hyun, but those are mere rumors.)

source: Star News, + Sports Khan
translations: dramabeans

Rain Is in Trouble for Concert Cancellations, Friday August 29, 2008 Korea

Avoiding trouble will only make it worse.

Rain is being called to Hawaii on November 4th 2008. But the trip is not to show off his English skills.

Instead he is being called to testify in front of a federal court for the abrupt cancellation of his concert last year in June 2007. Local promoter, Click Entertainment, is suing Rain and demanding that Rain and his organizers, JYP Entertainment and Star M pay more than 4 million USD for the Aloha Stadium fiasco.

Rain and his previous management have avoided the call to court in Korea. And now faced with a court date in Hawaii., they will likely push to postpone the appearance. If granted, that would buy an extra 2-3 months. But, why postpone? He really should just be a man and take responsibility for his actions. Because, no matter how you slice it, Rain has to go to court anyways. So a few more months is not going to make the pain any less.

Rain’s current management company, J-tunes is washing their hands of any responsibility.

Last year, Rain also abruptly cancelled his concerts in Atlanta, New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

source: popseoul

Rain wishes you Happy Chuseok, Friday September 12, 2008 Korea
Rain posted a video to wish all his fans a Happy Chuseok.

He started off on a good note and told the viewers to enjoy their songpyun (Korean rice cakes), but not to stuff themselves. Then as expected, Rain went on to promote his upcoming fifth album. He quickly declared his excitement for his fifth album and clapped at what he just had said.

Check out his Happy Chuseok message here

source: seoulbeats

Ha Ji Won stars in Rain's new MV, Thursday September 18, 2008 Korea
n September 18 in Seoul Kangnam’s clubs and streets at the W Hotel, Rain and Ha Ji Won began shooting for Rain’s Asia special album music video.

The area was congested (filled with people) because of Rain, and Ha Ji Won had to get through the back door. The two people shot the music video that began to grab the attention of citizens.

Ha Ji Won’s agent said, “Ha Ji Won and Rain both shot the music video together,” and “The details cannot be release to the public.” Also, “Rain offered this to Ha Ji Won. She took this and accepted.”

Rain will have his comeback performance in October for his Asia special album. MBC is working with world star Rain for his comeback special program.

source: seoulfull
credit: newsen

Rain Shows Off His Body by the Poolside, Tuesday September 16, 2008 Korea
Rain (Jung Ji Hoon) is attracting public attention with his perfect abs. He was exposed by the pool in the U.S., listening to music and showing off his upper body.

Netizens have been admiring his body for many years. Some opinions on bulletin boards have been “He has a perfectly suited body,” and “We are expecting him to show his body in his new movie.”

Rain is expected back in Korea for his comeback in October.

source: seoulfull
credit: review star

J.Tune Entertainment's Fashion Line to Incorporate Paul Klee's Works, Monday September 29, 2008 Korea
Rain's management agency J.Tune Entertainment, which recently declared its intent to expand into the fashion business, will incorporate works by Swiss artist Paul Klee into its fashion brand "Six to Five."

The agency recently announced that it signed contracts with a European copyrights management company to use Klee's works in the new fashion brand.

Klee is regarded a master of line and color and is most well-known for his dreamy, intelligent and exquisite watercolor and oil paintings. Meanwhile, Rain is getting ready to release his fifth studio album next month.

Вы здесь » TelenovelesLV » Aktrises un aktieri » Rain (Bi)/ 비