TelenovelesLV

Объявление

Failu hostings
Raksti/intervijas latviešu valodā, galerijas, video un pārējās sadaļas pieejamas fanu kluba biedriem!!!!
Tulkotie materiāli latviešu valodā ir fanu klubs īpašums!

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » TelenovelesLV » Supernatural 5. sezona » 5x07 The Curious Case Of Dean Winchester

5x07 The Curious Case Of Dean Winchester

Сообщений 1 страница 16 из 16

Bobby risks his life by betting 25 years of his life on a poker game run by a witch. Dean tries to save Bobby but ends up drastically aging.

Full Recap
A woman is reading an article on the Apocalypse in a tabloid when her husband Xavier races in. He ignores her and runs to the bathroom, only to watch in horror as he ages dozens of years in a matter of seconds. He collapses and his wife comes to see what's the matter, only to scream in horror.

Dean and Sam arrive, impersonating CDC officials, and get the doctor to show them Xavier's corpse. The coroner confirms he was 25 years of age but seemingly died of old age. They call to let Bobby know and confirm his hunch that something is going on. Dean assures him they'll investigate further and asks at his legs, and Bobby snaps at him before hanging up.

They check on a missing person case involving an older man, Cliff Whitlow. Mrs. Whitlow says he always came home on time and didn't have any interests. As Sam looks at a photo, he spots a tattoo on the man's arm. Dean asks to use the bathroom and then searches through the man's office. He finds a receipt to a hotel and they confirm that the man visited the same hotel every Tuesday. The Winchesters go to the hotel room and prepare to break in when they hear a man yelling. They break in to find a young man in bed with two Asian women. Sam notices he has the same tattoo as the missing person and asks if he knows Cliff. The young man denies it but Sam notes he has Cliff's wallet and a birthmark. Cliff pays off the women and begs them not to tell his wife. He refuses to explain until they threaten to tell his wife. Cliff explains that he got into a high-stake game of poker and plays for years. A man met him in a bar and gave him 25 poker chips, chanted something, and said they represented years. Cliff gambled and came out ahead, and lost years off his life. He tells them the man's name was Patrick and he moves from bar to bar, finding the people who need his services. As they go, Dean tells him to stay classy.

The brothers call Bobby, who confirms there have been stories about a traveling poker player who runs the same game and typically wins. He snaps at Dean again and tells them to split up and search the town., hangs up, and then grabs his car keys.

As the brothers search the town's bars, Dean orders a beer and bribes the bartender to direct him to the game. Dean goes in back and finds Bobby. He admits he played the game to get his legs back… and lost 25 years. Dean walks off and warns that they're not done. Dean walks in and finds Patrick talking to a couple and flirting with the younger wife. Dean interrupts and talks to the man in private, and Patrick admits that Bobby lost and there's nothing he can do. If Dean shoots him, it won't have any affect. He offers Dean a game to get them back and Bobby rolls in to tell Dean not to do it. Dean insists and agrees to play.

They sit down at the table and Patrick starts to enchant 25 poker chips. Dean tells him to make it fifty and, after Patrick casts the spell, transfers the first 25 chips to Bobby, who gets his youth back. They then begin their game.

Later, Sam returns to the brothers' motel room and finds an elderly man waiting for him. He identifies himself to Sam as a now elderly Dean. Bobby comes in and they blame each other. Dean admits he can't understand Bobby being paralyzed and discovers that he can't handle cheeseburgers any more. They settle down to figure out how to undo the aging and Dean recalls how quick Patrick undid Bobby's aging. Bobby remembers exactly what Patrick chanted. As they go to work, the maid arrives, Dean tries to flirt with her but she's unimpressed.

The brothers and Bobby watch Patrick as he leaves the bar and steps out directly into traffic. A man runs him over and when he runs for help, Patrick gets up and steals his car. They follow him to a downtown apartment. Once he leaves, they go in but the elevator is out of order. Sam and a very tired Dean go up the stairs. Eventually they get to Patrick's apartment and search the place. Dean finds a hidden safe but is unable to open it because of his failing senses. Sam opens it and they find the chips. However, the younger woman from the bar comes in and demands to know what they're doing. When they wonder who she is, she paralyzes them with a gesture. Patrick comes in and says that they're harmless, and then tells them that the magic isn't in the chips, it's in himself. Dean is willing to take him on but Patrick points out he's in no condition to play. However, he's willing to play Sam. They have no choice but to accept. Patrick lets them leave but tells Sam he's giving him a gift and claps his hands, then says Sam will find out what he means soon enough. Outside, dean realizes that he gave Sam the clap.

The next day, Sam insists that he should play. However, Dean points out that he and Bobby are better poker players and they lost. Bobby says he can take him and if he dies, it doesn't matter because he's got nothing to live for except to watch other men die while he's stuck in the wheelchair. He admits that if he wasn't a coward, he would have killed himself the day he got out of the hospital. Sam insists that he'll find another way out of their situation rather than let Bobby kill himself.

The woman, Lia, is waiting for them at the hotel and gives them a reversal spell. She explains that it will undo all of Patrick's work on everyone that's still alive. Dean wonders why they should trust her and Bobby points out that her and Patrick will both lose their youth. She clutches at a locket on her neck and tells them to do it quick before they leave.

Patrick is playing an elderly man, Hesh, and lets him walk away while he's ahead. Sam comes in and Patrick says that he's a nice guy, and then asks what Sam wants. Sam tells him to deal.

Dean and Bobby go to a cemetery to dig up the jawbone of a murderer to cast the reversal spell. Bobby admits they don't have any choice and Dean complains about his back and elbows.

As they play, Patrick boasts about his intuition and wonders if Dean knows that Sam is there. Sam doesn't say anything and Patrick talks about how Dean and Bobby are trying to limit him. He warns that Sam is in over his head. They continue and Lia comes in to kiss Patrick. He offers Sam a break and Sam goes out to find Dean waiting for him. Dean warns they still need Patrick's DNA and Sam gives him the toothpick that Patrick has been chewing on. Dean tells him to keep playing and avoid losing.

Inside, Sam and Patrick begin playing again as Lia watches. Outside, Bobby casts the reversal spell but nothing happens. Inside, Patrick holds up a toothpick and points out the one he slipped to Sam is clean. He warns that he doesn't like cheating, reaches forward, and clutches his fist. Sam starts to choke but Lia interrupts Patrick and explains she gave them the spell. Patrick asks why and Lia tells him that he knows as she holds the locket. Patrick tells Sam to keep playing.

Dean and Bobby figure they got the wrong toothpick and Dean goes back to Patrick's apartment. Meanwhile, Sam continues to play and finally bets everything. Patrick tells him that he's betting himself out of a big pot and folds. Sam shows him that he had nothing and Patrick admits it was a good bluff. However, he warns that Dean will be dead within minutes. When Sam tries to leave, Patrick mystically forces him to sit and keep playing.

As Dean finds a wine glass, he clutches at his chest.

Patrick realizes that Sam is losing his emotions when his brother is in danger. Sam goes all-in against Patrick's warning. Meanwhile, Bobby tries to call the dying Dean and gets no answer.

Patrick reveals that he has an ace-high full house. Sam notices that Lia is crying and admits it's kind of creepy. He compliments Patrick on his hand… and then reveals he has four of a kind. Patrick congratulates him on running a good game of being in over his head, and cashes in Dean's chips… with pleasure.

At the apartment, a now-youthful Dean comes out.

After Sam leaves, Lia sits down across from Patrick and forces him to play. She explains that she buried her daughter, an elderly woman whose photo is in the locket, and she wants things to end. He points out she knew what she was getting when she came with him, but she misses her family and her love for him isn't enough. Patrick admits he can't keep doing it without her but she points out that he got along fine before she met him. He checks her bet and she goes all-in. Patrick matches her and wins, and Lia ages before his eyes, thanking him before she dies.

Bobby is surprised to hear that Sam managed to beat Patrick. He leaves to get a booster shot, just in case, and Dean apologizes for how he was arguing with Bobby earlier. He admits he understands some of what Bobby is going through, but insists that Bobby is still useful. Dean tells him that he doesn't stop being a soldier because he's wounded in the line of duty, and Sam and Dean can't lose a member of their family. He tells Bobby to drop any thoughts of suicide and Bobby agrees, and then thanks him.

Allusions

Old Dean: Benjamin Button me back into burger shape.

Along with the title, referencing The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, a short story written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, which tells the tale of Benjamin Button, who is born with the appearance of a 70-year-old and ages backwards. The story was later adapted into a movie in 2008.

Old Dean: The old chick in Titanic I know.

Referencing the 1997 movie Titanic and the elderly Gloria Stuart, who plays main character Rose DeWitt Bukater in the modern-day portions of the film.

Sam: I was going to say "Emperor Palpatine."

Referencing the evil emperor of the Galactic Empire in the Star Wars movies, portrayed primarily by Ian McDiarmid. A secret Dark Lord of the Sith, Palpatine maneuvers himself into power and convinces the Senate to grant him broad emergency powers, which he uses to overthrow the Jedi and become emperor. Initially an elderly man, his appearance degenerates further after a battle with Mace Windu.

Sam: It's like Mission: Pathetic.

Referencing the long-running CBS series Mission: Impossible, which featured a team of experts who engaged in espionage missions for the U.S Government. Safecracking was one of the skills they were frequently called upon to use. The show spawned a sequel and as of the time this episode premiered, three movies.

Dean: Let's go, Ironsides.

Referencing the 1967-75 series Ironsides, which featured Raymond Burr as a San Francisco Chief of Detectives, crippled by a bullet and confined to a wheelchair, but continuing to work as a consultant for the police force.

Dean: And by the way, how you doing?

Bobby: Doing?

Dean: Yeah. You know, just... in general.

Bobby: Oh, you mean my legs. I'm just weeping in my Haagen-Dazs. Idjit.

Dean: Bobby? What the hell are you doing here?

Bobby: Planting daisies. What's it look like? Came in on the case.

Dean: And you beat me here?

Bobby: Well, brains trumps legs, apparently.

Old Dean: Bobby's an idiot, that's what happened.

Bobby: Hey, nobody asked you to play.

Old Dean: Right. I should have just let you die.

Bobby: And for damn sure, nobody asked you to lose.

Sam: It's like Grumpy Old Men.

Old Dean and Bobby: Shut up, Sam!

Old Dean: You saw a chance to turn the hands of the clock back and get out of that damn chair. Pretty tempting. I can imagine.

Bobby: No, you can't.

Old Dean: You got me. I never been paralyzed. But I tell you something--I've been to Hell, and there's an archangel there wanting me to drop the soap. Look at me! My junk's rustier than yours!

Old Dean: (to Sam) Dude, I believe that he-witch gave you the clap.

Dean: You're family. I don't know if you've noticed, but me and Sam, we don't have much left. I can't do this without you. I can't. So don't you dare think about checking out. I don't want to hear that again.

Bobby: Okay.

Dean: Okay. Good.

Bobby: Thanks. Now, we done feeling our feelings? 'Cause I'd like to get out of this room before we both start growing lady parts

Beidzot noskatījos. Laikam sliktākā sērija SPN vēsturē.  Tiesām ir sajūta, ka Jensens kādu personīgu iemeslu dēļ palūdz brīvdienas un scenāristi uz ašu roku uzcepa sēriju. Katrā ziņā šīs ir spēcīgs pierādījums tam, ka bez Jensena Supernatural ir nekāds. Sākumā, kur viņš ir, ir interesanti, bet gan Dīns ir vecs - nomirt var no garlaicības. Lielā doma jau it kā laba - par to, ka novecot ir dabiski un par to, ka cilvēka vērtība neslēpjas jaunībā vai kājās. Katrā ziņā beigu saruna Bobijam ar Dīnu bija labākais sērijas moments. Jensena aktiermāksla un Jima Beavera talants. Bet par Semiju un uzvarēto pokera spēli - vai tiešām Semijam vienkārši noveicās? Man kaut kā aizdomīgi tas viss likās.

Sērija ļoti pavirša un vāja. Un man pat nav vēlešanās jebkad vēlreiz šo sēriju skatoties. Tā ar SPN man vēl nav bijis.

Nez, man gan patika :) Bet ļoti labi saprotu tevi, tas ir kā skatīties QAF, kur Geils tik parādītos uz pāris min :) Laikam pirmā sērija, kur beigās riktīgi jutu līdzi ļaunajam :( Patika man viņš savā ziņā un bēdīgi, ka viņam vienam jāpaliek, bet nu var saprast viņa draudzeni :( Beigās, kur Dīns atkal bija jauns, tik rēcīgi kā viņš lēkāja un mēdījās, un Bobijam bij tāds here-we-go-again skatiens :D

nu jā - man bez Dīna garlaicīgi un tam vecajam aktierim Dīns galīgi nesanāca. Pavisam citsd angļu akcents un runas maniere, kustības. Galīgi nē - vot ticamības momenta pilnīgi nekāda. Un tiešām - labākie momenti bij, kur Jensens bija. "soreiz tiešām ļaundari bij interesanti un man patika Patriks ar aussie akcentu - stilīgs ļaundaris. Sema pocker face mani galīgi nepārliecināja - man likās, ka tā nebij plika veiksme - Semijs man liekas kaut ko sadarīja un nevienam nepateica. Nez.

Tu ar Semijam vairs neuzticies? :D

cravey написал(а):

Tu ar Semijam vairs neuzticies?

'Dīna sindroms... :blush:

Nu ja, jums tak tie 98% :D

cravey написал(а):

Nu ja, jums tak tie 98%

aha, tieši tā. Lai gan - Dīnam jau ta citi dzimšanas skaitļi kā Jensenam. But anyway...

Tas nekas :D Galvenais, ka 98% :D Kas to zin - ar Geilu man 70%, maybe ar Braienu 100% :D

cravey написал(а):

Kas to zin - ar Geilu man 70%, maybe ar Braienu 100%

nu bet lodžiski... Var apmēram rēķināt, ka Brianam dzimene ir kādā 20.-25.jūnijā un dzimšanas gads ir 1971. Nu tad vari tur mēģināt šos datumus.

23. jūnijā :D Tas tik būtu vareni :D

:D

Ja godīgi man šī sērija patika! LAi gan tur bija diez gan maz Dīna, Jensena, bet bij ok! Humors tik un tā bija un bij labs! :D
Es smējos par to no cik daudzām lietām Dīnam, kā vecītim nākas atteikties un ka viņš tāds vājš kļuva! :D

Вы здесь » TelenovelesLV » Supernatural 5. sezona » 5x07 The Curious Case Of Dean Winchester